Wednesday 18 December 2013

A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE...

Im 43yrs old now tho I can still remember most of my early learning days as i'm sure most of us have fond memories, Always keen to be on my bike at the crack of dawn to make my eight mile trip to the River Kenn in Clevedon just to get a good peg to chase the big bream shoals by the sea wall or to fish amongst the lily beds on the gravels section, only to return home at dusk and do it all again the next day" I was as keen then as I was when my hormones kicked as far as females go!
After having a few years off  chasing these fine works of art? And moving home to Weston-Super-Mud"  I joined Weston.A.A and met my good friend Darren greenwood (big bird) that know him,
Ending up as traveling partners to matches and many a sunday morning spent with "whitfield" singing Saturday night blareing out the cassette player with the windows down singing along to the words," It was a real learning curve and with so many anglers it was always easy to ask for advice
to help improve my fishing  and the effort I was putting in was reaping the rewards and I was as keen to always get the best for the team,
I moved ranks to the now  Sensas Thyers Squad who were a local bunch of lads which most are still members under long time captain lance tucker, having are team meetings every Thursday some traveling twenty miles or more to discuss are match tactics followed by a game of cards",How offen does that happen now,"
Team fishing to me was at its prime now and I was delighted when asked to join Thatchers  Tubertni soon to be Crazy Bait Thatchers by Ian (piggy) parsons, This squad included the likes of  Des Shipp, Steve Mayo, Ben Leach to name but a few and the effort the team put was second to none and most weekends we would be traveling what seemed like the length of the country"
I always remember Des rubbing his new bright green and pink waterproofs in the mud before he wore them so not to stand out as much!!
As always all good things come to an end as they say but I broke away from team fishing to concentrate on work ect and took time away from fishing altogether for a while but as we all do I have some great and funny memories to go on with...(Tight lines) .














     

No comments:

Post a Comment