Sunday 9 August 2015

Shiplate farm (Hawthorns lake).

After getting my dates wrong it turned out the charity match for Help for the Hero's on Summerhayes fishery is next Saturday not yesterday as I expected' so just a Sunday match for me this week, With 14 booked in there would be one empty peg but with all 15 pegs in it would be random were it would end up? Well I let the wife draw for me today ending up on peg 11 but no empty peg either side as I had Roy Heed next to me on peg 10 and Russ Peck on peg 12 so good company even though we couldn't see each other.
Simple fishing for me today a 0.3g AS4 to fish across over to the far bank in 2ft of water close to the reeds,
 Where I planned to fish meat or worm over ground-bait, a 4x12 Chanti to fish on my top set plus one in 5ft of water and another rig to fish up in the water down the edge over loose fed 4mm hard pellets. at the all in I cupped a pot of ground-bait with a little hemp over to the far bank, fed a few 4mm pellets down the edge by hand and started the day short with a cube of meat on the hook cad potting a few cubes of meat with hemp. it was a slow start as the first 30mins failed to produce, A switch to the far line saw me foul hook and loose 2 carp in the next 20mins on meat, I tried a worm on the hook feeding just small amounts of bait with the cad pot and finally netted a good fish of 6lb plus, It was hard work though and after nearly 90mins I only managed another fouler and from what I could here not much was being caught at are end with Russ & Roy yet to have a carp, I re-fed the long line with a pot of ground-bait and decided to try shallow down the edge around 2ft deep with a single cube of meat on the hook as I could see a few bubbles coming up. Straight away I had a 4lb fish followed by one of similar size soon after before they wised up and backed off. I tried on the deck short again with a whole worm were I had been feeding large pots of hemp and a few cubes of meat but again it failed to produce. The far line was still slow and only a 3lb fish was added after trying it for another 30mins, so it looked like the shallow inside swim was going to end up my best bet. I would like to say it switched on but it seemed are end of the lake was fishing harder than the early numbers and most were struggling, I spent the whole match switching between mainly my inside swims, Despite what appeared to be a lot of activity on my short line I just could not catch off it at any depth? Most of my fish came shallow on single or double meat on the hook along the inside bank but the fish were few and far between.
Come the end of the match I added a couple of late fish to end up with 9-10 carp but felt it wouldn't be enough to pick up some coin? It proved right as when the scales arrived their were two 80lb weights and 91lb was winning, my fish went 47lb odd which turned out to be nearly 20lb up from the swims around me but that was it.
 My Net.
 
Back at the results it turned out young Lewis Jones showed everyone the way yet again from peg 2 with 91b odd to take the spoils catching mainly on worm over ground-bait from the far bank, I did joke with him after that he had to expect to catch a few as he drew next to live in local Steve (Peanut) Howell who never draws the wrong areas!
 Winner Lewis Jones.
 
I did enjoy it but it was just a shame that are end of the lake the fish just didn't seem to interested in feeding properly for some reason, I did manage to collar Russ in the car park for my £1 side bet as he chose not to weigh-in but as far as some coin that's as far as it went'
So next Saturday I am off to the charity match, sure to be a good turn out so looking forward to it.
Full results -
1st Lewis Jones (Drennan Thyers) peg 2, 91lb 15oz.
 2nd Julian Pinkett (Wormheads) peg 7, 83lb 12oz
3rd Steve Howell, (Shiplate) peg 3, 81b 6oz.
4th Andy France (Cadbury Angling) peg 1, 55lb 8oz.
5th Dom Sullivan (Maver) peg 11, 47lb 4oz.
6th Ray Bass (Cheddar) peg 4, 31lb 4oz.
Silvers -
1st Ron Stark (Weston Angling) peg 6, 9lb 4oz.
2nd Golly Jones (Shiplate) peg 13, 7lb 6oz.
 
     
                
    

No comments:

Post a Comment