Tuesday 19 July 2016

I'm Back".

Well that was a bit of a shocker to say the least' I returned from fishing the Final round of the sedges series top kit only match in what I can only describe as agony" I had been suffering from a bad back (or so I thought ) since the previous Thursday, By Sunday the pain had shifted along my lower side & I wasn't sure leaning over to fish very short all day would be the best option but with a chance of making the final in August & the pool's already paid I grit my teeth & Carried on.. More of the match in a bit but when I got home my lovely Wife new I was suffering But after not having a drink all-weekend I said we would go for a quick drink & fire up the BBQ, Well I didn't make it.. We got near the pub & I just had to get out the car as I was having a funny turn' Feeling Really cold but sweating like a pig" I even got out before the car had stopped only to go headfirst into a window then falling flat on my back in the road & that's where I stayed until the Ambulance arrived 45mins later! The pain I was in from my side & luckily not my fall was enough to put up with before the Gas&Air arrived that was, I happened to know the paramedic who I worked with years ago & With my conditions was convinced on route to the hospital that I was suffering from Kidney Stones.

Well I was drugged up to the eye balls & produced the normal Blood & Pee' samples then had to wait for a CT scan the next morning, Finally I got the results at 4pm yesterday" to say thankfully no signs of any stones but had had some kind of Kidney/Muscles injury & was sent home still in pain with Anti Biotics & if the pain persists to contact my GP..! Great".

Not well enough to drive so its on with the match. I had travelled on my own today as Lewis was taking my place for the superleague which I would of been fishing had I not messed my dates up". Their were a few stand-ins today Including Bobby Gullit who was fishing the other round of qualifier's, I not sure if I was running it I would allow this as it gives them extra practice under match conditions in theory? But one things for sure I wouldn't let then draw before the others who were in that round as some did, What if they draw the peg everyone was routing for starters things would be havoc then' Lol, I fancied drawing the opposite bank for a change in the from pegs 21-24 or the spit bank 36-40 as they have been consistent, Into the draw & out comes 35, It was the peg up from what I had the last match but I remember the guy on it really struggled & had one late carp but you never know, I just so happened to have Bobby G, next to me on the peg I had 36 so expected a battering really as he's doing really well here of late in his rounds" Lol. Just setting up was proving a right effort & I knew I was in for a painful days fishing, Not going to go into detail but I managed two early carp in the first 40mins on the deck with 6mm expander on the hook feeding 6mm's by hand before I felt something pop & a burning sensation in my lower left side so that was it' No more leaning over to fish on the shelf leaving me sat like a gnome fishing just past my nets praying for the final whistle after an hour" I had to get up for a walk a couple of times & I saw Bobby catch a giant eel" to go with some better carp he had taken & to be honest I just wanted to pack-up & go but some were struggling & I didn't want to squander the chance to make the final, I had fed both edges but hadn't had a sign their but persisted to finish with 9 carp mostly on the meat later in the day, I didn't have big fish with my best going 6lb out were as Bobby's biggest went 15lb odd" but I was glad in one way as I had a hard enough job landing the smaller ones" When the scales Arrived I had to get Bob to pull my nets out as packing up & taking my kit back to the van had just about finished me off, I managed 42lb odd which wasn't going to give me a pick-up today but when the final points were sorted it had proved enough to get to the final which was the main objective so it was off home to find out my later fate". Winner on the day was Nick Fuidge over on peg 21 catching mainly on the meat over meat & caster so well done to him ahead of bobby g who finished 2nd with 119lb odd which also included second in the silvers with 12lb odd so a double pick-up for him. 

Full Results -

1st. Nick Fuidge (The Sedges) peg 21, 125lb 9oz.

2nd. Bobby Gullit (Mossella) peg 36, 119lb 13oz.

3rd. John Fuidge (The Sedges) peg 38, 105lb 3oz.

4th. Nigel Garrett (Viaduct) peg 33, 86lb 6oz.

Silvers - 1st Bruce Hunt (Tiverton) peg 25, 15lb 1oz.  
      

   

No comments:

Post a Comment