Saturday 31 December 2016

Acorn Fishery Pairs Match. (Paddock Lake).

One last chance for a match in this year before we all start again, I had a phone call from Jonny Page Yesterday to say would I help out & fill in for his partner as he couldn't make it, With him living close to me & we managed a nice breakfast at the Wooden Spoon in Weston before making are way to the fishery.

We Arrived to find their were nine pairs booked in but it would be run a bit different as it would be blind' pairs so you wouldn't know who you were with until after the draw, It turned out I would be on peg 3 paired up with peg 31 who just so happened to be Brian (Anteater) Slipper who knows the venue well so all good then, I was on the island swims in the middle of Andy Hembrow on peg 1 & Kev Perry on peg 3. Its New years eve so not going to drag on as not much I can say about the day to help anybody catch a few if visiting the venue soon' I was biteless for 90mins before having a 5oz perch down the track then with two hours remaining I took two carp & a decent F1 across in the deeper water on 4mm expander over micros all of which came in a 15min spell" Andy ended the day with 8lb odd, I finished with 12lb then Kev weighed 13lb so we all had a good day!. The match was won by Alan Healy from peg 26 with 89lb taking most of his fish on soft pellet & along with his partner Andy Devereux catching one 3oz fish they still managed to win the pairs,

 

Winners Alan (Left) & Andy.

  Ahead of Mark Bromsgrove & Ivan Currie with a weight of 49lb odd,

Runners-up Mark (left) & Ivan.

 

Brain ended up with 27lb so we weren't far off the top two pick up but hard day for most again with some not bothering to weigh.
 Well that's it for this year, Its been quite an eventful one for me, Did a fair bit of traveling after entering a few of the fisho Mania matches in the earlier have of the season, As with any big matches you need the luck of the draw which didn't quite happen for me although one peg further to my left at Woodlands View would of surely seen me qualified as the foreign guy next to me won the day fishing his first match which was fun to watch" Mixed results for me through this season which I wouldn't rate as won of my best, Losing good mate Donald in march really took the wind out of my sails & I couldn't get focused for a while which hasn't help but at the end of the year after entering 99 matches I've managed to pick-up in 41 of them with a total return of £1549.50, A Pole roller & a crate of magners" Lol. Next season looks a bit brighter after just joining the Mosella ranks we will see what the coming months hold & I already have some reviews on some products I'm already using. Already Qualified for next years All-winners & Silvers Finals at Viaduct & Hopefully after a near miss in the main frame of the silvers league at the fishery this year I can do better next year. One thing I have noticed over the last few months is the amount of Sundays I've fished & thier's not been a drop of wind in the air" I remember last year spending most of the time battling with the elements", So a pleasant change their. I'm back in the swing of things tomorrow with a silvers only match at Emerald pool fishery's Speci Lake so a new years eve without the sauce" So it gives me chance to say may we all have a prosperous one & just remember, Its only fishing".

Happy New Year All.                

No comments:

Post a Comment