Sunday 14 January 2018

Acorn Series Round 4, Paddock Lake, Saturday.

Saturday saw me back at Acorn for the fourth round of this series hoping for a better day after only 4oz off peg 19 in the last round" Hopefully I could use this as my dropped result? into the draw & I ended up on peg 36 again' as I had this peg in the second round, That day I had 20lb odd for second in the section & had a couple of fish down the edge on corn in front of the next pallet or dead reads this side of it so was quite confident of getting a few bites? This will probably be my shortest blog ever as I have nothing to write about! I started dobbing at half depth down the edge with bread but no signs so went on the deck with corn but still nothing, after 4hrs all I had to show for my efforts was one small roach on maggot & had another one fall off' I couldn't get a sign of carp no matter where or what I tried, I was totally disheartened & with 45mins to go I called it a day, The only people I could see catching was Rich Healy on peg 1 who had taken a few fish down the track on bread from peg 1 before going across to the island where he was catching quite well come the end & Kev Perry also on the island swims peg 5 who had taken a few. I didn't stay for the weigh-in but it turned out Rich won the match with 60lb odd & Kev finished 2nd with 25lb odd but the rest of us pretty much struggled, Ray Cooper who kindly lent me so over trousers as I forgot my bib n brace had draw peg 19 today ended up with the same result as me off it 4oz! what a flyer" Lol. That's winter fishing, your either lucky enough to be on a few or it bloody hard work! I need a miracle to make the final placing's now but you never no.           

No comments:

Post a Comment