Monday 21 April 2014

Shiplate Farm Open (Main Lake)

Back to Shiplate today for a crack at the main lake which I haven't fished for a few weeks and hoping to have one of the consistent pegs 1 or 15 for the day after yesterdays frys match had been won by Pete Sivell off peg 1 with 90lb, The weather was a transformation from yesterday with little breeze and pleasant sunshine so regardless off where I would be I didn't have to fight with the elements. Into the draw and end up on a choice of 9 or 9a as the pegs are in the same area opting for 9a as I had drawn this peg before last year and had some nice fish fishing in the channel towards the bridge, pluming through this channel I couldn't fish tight over as it was to shallow and shelved of quickly so opted to fish the bottom of the slope in 4ft of water, another rig for 2ft deep off the end of the island in front of the tree, I did take a few pics but for reasons I will explain later I cant add then to this blog at the moment.

Another rig was made up to fish worm or dead maggot over groundbait down my inside left which was 18inches deep, as well as a pellet waggler to fish towards the far island. Only a short blog tonight as my day was fruitless until the last 90mins when I did manage to catch 3 carp added to 3 small skimmers on hard pellet through the day, catching towards the point of the island in the 2ft swim at 14mts with meat on the hook feeding some damp hard 4mms and a few grains of 6mm meat at regular intervals, I lost my first fish and then landed the next three only missing one more bite right on the whistle' with my total weight going 23lb but not enough to make the frame today, Tim Lewis had a nice catch on peg 15 ending the day with 90lb to take first place catching on the method feeder towards the lawns. As far as the pic's go I was trying to take a shot of my rig near were I expected to catch when I had my first bite' after hooking the fish I dropped the camera on my side tray only to realise after the fish came off I had dropped it right into my tub of meat covered in water" so needless to say it don't work anymore!

Shattered after  4 days fishing on the trot and a couple of nights out in between but one more day before a return to work at Acorn tomorrow to go at.

Full results- !st Tim lewis (Shiplate) peg 15, 90lb

                      2nd Gordon Jones (Shiplate) peg 1, 45lb 11oz

                      3rd Russ Pecker (Thatchers Tackle) peg 12, 32lb 1oz

                      4th Lewis Jones (Sensas Thyers) peg 14b, 29lb 3oz

                      5th Dom Sullivan (Maver/Cadbury Angling) peg 9a, 23lb 3oz.

Silvers - Julian Pinkett (Bristol P.O) peg 14, 12lb 1oz.          

No comments:

Post a Comment