Sunday 1 February 2015

Viaduct Teams Of 5 Rd 2.

After a nice weekend off away with the wife last week I was keen to get back on the bank for this popular league, Traveling as normal with team mate Don Sutherland it was breakfast at the globe again for us for the eat as much as you like for £5 which is good value except we were near the back of the queue and we had to wait some time for are bacon and eggs meaning we were later to get are pools money in for the team draw. It was down to me again today although I didn't have much choice as we had the last pegs in the hat as a result of the late pools but at least I couldn't get the blame for poor draws". It was my turn to fish Cary Lake today and all week I had visions of drawing peg 86 which I really fancied for a few of the lakes munter's' and I couldn't of been much closer ending up on 87, This sounds good but at this time of year the fish seem to hang between pegs 86 & 85 at the end of a spit as theirs a variation in depth that the carp seem to love'.

Arriving at my peg we were lucky enough to have the cold wind blowing slightly off are backs for a start as the pegs on the opposite bank had it straight in the chops' I new you would have to try and catch a carp on this lake for good points as they grow so big one bite could be 20lb+" so first up a 11ft maver multi system bomb rod was assembled with 5lb main line to a 12inch 0.16 hair stop hook-length, I set up a waggler to fish dead depth to start with in about 4ft of water with an 0.11 hook-length and an 18 PR434 hook, with the wind assisting us and the skies overcast it would be easy to feed casters at around 25mts to fish different baits over the top.
 
Last up was a pole rig being a 0.4g PB2 to fish at 13mts , 0.11-0.09 and an 18  63-13 hook. I was in good company as I had Thatchers star Nick Ewers on peg 86 and Thyers silvers ace Paul Faires on peg 88 but wasn't daft enough to challenge Nick to a quid" . At the all-in before feeding any other lines I would cast straight towards the middle of the lake on the bomb and a piece of punched meat in the hope of snaring a early carp' 15mins later I had a liner but nothing followed so decided to rest it and fed my pole line with 4 balls of ground-bait with a fair bit of caster added and some floro pinkees as I hoped to catch some big skimmers and wanted to hold them in the swim longer with-out topping it up if my other lines didn't produce??. Back on the bomb swapping between baits on the hour mark the 3 of us were all fishless although Nicky Collins on the opposite bank was already playing his second big fish"
 Nicky Collins.
 
I had been feeding the waggler line from the off with casters and the odd grain of corn so after 90mins I decided to give it a try starting on a single grain I was already having problems seeing the float as the skies had cleared and the sun was right at us and after trying caster on the hook I was still biteless'.
At the half way point things were looking grim as I couldn't get any indications of any line and to make thing worse Nick next to me had started to catch on the bomb and they weren't small fish" No matter what I put on the hook or where I cast didn't seem to make a difference as I couldn't get as much as a liner, I would like to say my day got better but sadly I ended up with severe neck ache as Nick did a great job of plundering 12 carp which would be enough to win are lake with ease and he was admitting to 90lb, Paul went on to catch some nice perch and a big skimmer on his pole line, and me' NOWT! ZERO, BITELESS'BATTERD"BLANKED!!!!".
 
Whoop's. Owe well' that hasn't happened for a while but I suppose it had to happen sooner or later??? lol. The closest I came to catching was foul hooking a big carp reeling-in which I managed to steer close to the bank before the hook pulled". Back at the results and it turned out Nick's Fish next to me were bigger than he thought as he went on to win the match with a great 141lb 2oz, Its amazing how these fish ball-up" as Simon Jones on fancied 85 only ending with 1 carp but you still have to catch them and he fished a tidy match so well done mate.
 Winner Nick Ewers.
Runner up was that man again Gary O'Shea adding to his ever increasing wallet from peg 119 on Cambell ending the day with 127lb 3oz and I managed to get a pic of him with a few of his fish due to Nicks under estimate"
 Gary O'Shea.
Just to make my day even worse Paul managed to pick-up £60 from the overall silvers pool to rub salt into my wounds" with the top silvers weight on the day going to Clint Wojtyle from peg 37 on middle lake with 17lb 15oz. 
Team wise after two matches Team Flip Flop hold a 6pt lead over Burt Baits but its still early doors, Even with my disaster we managed to lift are self's off the bottom of the table so all is not lost' lol.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

      
   

    

No comments:

Post a Comment