Saturday 11 April 2015

Summerhayes Gary Bull Charity Match (All Lakes).

A return visit to Summerhayes  Fishery today for what turned out to be a popular attendance of 58 anglers for this match in aid of the ladies & disabled nationals,
with the attendance well up the match was to be spread over Longs, Sellicks & Lily Pool but there was a difference in the weather from my visit on Wednesday with a strong westerly breeze on most all of the lakes which was sure to effect some good swims, into the draw after purchasing some tickets for the after match raffle I found myself back on longs lake peg 33 which just so happened to be one of the widest parts of the lake with the wind blowing straight through it"
 arriving at my peg all hope of fishing the pole at 16mts to the island were out of the equation so my first line was around 11mts in 5ft of water were I was to feed micro and 4mm pellet for silvers with a 0.06 PB2 float on 0.13-0.11 and a size 16 63-13 hook. next up was a 4x12 chanti on the same line/hook to fish at 5mts in the open water and last of all a 4x10 chanti to fish down towards the empty pallet on my right in 4ft of water on 0.15-0.13 and an 18 808 hook.
with plenty of time before the all-in I managed to borrow a 10ft bomb rod to start the match fishing over to the island of none other than Des Shipp who was in my section peg 37 which happened to be the only peg in are section with the wind off his back! say no more.."
 The back of Shippy"

With my options somewhat limited I fed a ball of fishmeal and some micro & 4mm hard pellet onto the 11mt line and feed some meat down to the pallet, Starting the match on the bomb and red maggot over to the island I had a pull round in the first few mins only to come back with half of my 0.13 hook-length" trying again with one of 0.15 10mins later the same happened! not a good start as by now Des had netted a few fish as well as the Wickham wormheads either side of me in the form of Glynn & Nigel, after 45mins it was time to try something else so I tried a 4mm expander on the hook, My first fish was a 1oz roach followed by a 8oz crucian 20mins later on maggot, I try on the 5mt swim with maggot saw me pestered with blip fish and to be honest I was getting frustrated. I went for a wee and quickly popped over to see Des which didn't make me feel better after he threw some pellets down his edge only to here carp sucking seconds after as he assured me they could wait till later! as I walked off shaking my head I was determined to make my swim work, when I returned I began to feed twice as much loose fee maggot on the short line by hand and fish the heavier rig over the top with a whole worm on the hook. also feeding a few hard 4mm pellets over the top. 10mins later and I found myself attached to a 3lb carp followed by a 4lb bream, a bit of a quite spell followed so decided to try down by the pallet with meat on the hook were I had been feeding some 6mm meat by hand,
 Again I had a fish of 4lb before missing a bite and hooking something on the bottom? a couple more fish on the 4mm line again on worm before I tried the edge again, I couldn't believe it as after another carp I had another bite and again was hooked on something which didn't move???. trying again the rig shot under and this time I had one on' Nope" I had a empty carrier bag attached which more than disturbed the swim! Marvellous..

Back on the 5mt line were I continued to feed maggot and few hard pellets by hand a missed a few fly under bites not connecting with anything so just by chance I tried a cube of corn on the hook, no sooner as it settled I was playing another carp, A Fluke? No as I had a 5lb fish next put-in and I hadn't fed any here" it was getting towards the end of the match now so the last hour managed to tempt some more fish from the pallet swim as well as a few more on meat or worm from the 5mt swim,
I lost a 5lb bream shipping back with 5mins to go which I thought could make a difference but was disappointed not to catch a few fish in the early part of the match, Des had managed to plunder his inside margin in the last coupe of hours and Glynn between us had added a couple more big bream to the ones he had earlier in the day so was on for a good silvers weight. When the scales arrived the top weight on are lake was 65lb from Alex Murray from the bottom end of the lake followed by Giles Cochrane With 49lb, with my 5lb odd of silvers added to my carp gave me a total of 44lb odd before Des went on to win are lake and the match overall with 81lb catching across to the island on worm and down his margins on pellet,
Cant take it away from him given the right area he will catch fish" so well done mate.

It turned out my weight was enough to finish 6th on the day and I managed to pick up some section money of £24 so a bit of a result in the end. Glynn went on to take the top silvers weight on the day with 25lb odd including 5 good bream.

 Silvers winner Glynn Wickham.

 Runner-up Jamie Rich.

 

 

after the results it was time for the raffle, as I egged Des to part with some money and buy some tickets I stated on my return which ever strip he chose has his was bound to come in" was I right? Corse I bloody was as he left Andy Gard to claim his prize! unbelievable lol, I did also manage to win a raffle prize, A bag of leam, a bag of ground-bait, a bottle of bubbly and... 12 marks and spencer's ready meals which I thought at the time was a good choice" until on my departure I went to the freezer to collect then and found every dish to be Indian...! looks like the caught short title could come into play! A very well run match and a big thanks to owners Pete & Sally for laying on a free burger to everyone after the match as well as free drinks. Before the results were announced there was a minutes silence in Memory of Clive Cunningham who sadly pasted away at the fishery on Tuesday which was a fitting tribute to the day. Just to end I've added a picture of my special' Indian Hamper".
 
Back at Sumerhayes tomorrow for the Sunday open match on Sellicks & Lily Pool and just hoping for a day without battling the wind?.
 
Full results -

1st Des (Smiley) Shipp (Preston Innovations) peg 37 Longs, 81lb 1oz.

2nd Vince Brown (Sedges) peg 15 Sellicks, 69lb 4oz.

3rd Alex Murray (Sign Solutions) peg 17 Longs 62lb 10oz.

4th Scott Russell (Tackle UK) peg 23 Sellicks, 52lb 7oz.

5th Giles Cochrane (Mosella) peg 29 Longs, 49lb 2oz.

6th Dom Sullivan (Maver) peg 33 Longs, 44lb 9oz.

Silvers -

1st Glynn Wickham (Summerhayes) peg 35 longs, 25lb 9oz.

2nd Jamie Rich (Against men and fish/Burt baits) peg 19 Longs, 19lb 13oz. 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

                           

No comments:

Post a Comment