Monday 4 May 2015

Emerald pool fishery pleasure session.

Despite trying to get myself booked in to another match after yesterdays disaster' but leaving it to late I rang Owners Alan & Anita emerald pool to see if they would be kind enough to let me use keepnets for the blog, thankfully Alan suggested I give his speci lake Jade a try for its head of silverfish which suited me. I didn't get set up until nearly midday after having to stop off for breakfast as I was starving' but I kept it simple and set a 0.3 PB1 to fish at 10mts off to my left in 4ft of water 0.13-0.10 and an 18 808 hook & a 4x14 wire wonder to fish at 12mts off to my left on the same line with an 16 808 hook were it was around a 1ft deeper. I fed a ball of micro pellet and a few hard 4mm pellets on the shorter line and 3 balls of fishmeal ground-bait with some worm added onto the 12mt line.

Starting on the 10mt line it didn't take long to start getting a few fish catching hybrids from 4-8oz on average a on 4mm expanders to start with, after an hour I had put around 8lb in the net but couldn't seem to get a better stamp of fish so it was time to try the longer line with a segment of worm on the hook, I had a couple of better fish to 1lb before I was struggling to get the bait to the bottom without hooking the smaller samples, I tried corn on the hook but that didn't produce so I switched to hard 6mm, I had to wait a bit longer for bites but the fish were slightly bigger, After another 10lb in the next hour I decided to see if I could catch them shallow along with some of the lakes big carp which were milling around just under the surface chasing bread around others were using on the surface, Starting with banded 6mm pellet on the hook feeding 4mm I started to catch well before I drew some large shadows into the area' with the rig set around a 1ft deep it didn't take long to hook and land my first of over 10lb' I fished like this for the next couple of hours taking more hybrids and ending the day with 7 carp to 16lb' which I put back as I caught them. I did have a 3lb plus bream shallow on hard 8mm pellet but most of the fish were taken on hard 6mm ending up with over 30lb of silvers so a great few hours. To be honest I think I fished about 5mts to far out for the silvers as I'm sure with a bit of regular feed I could of caught them faster and had a much bigger weight judging by the numbers present' a good day and a big thanks to Alan & Anita to allow me the use of the nets.
            

No comments:

Post a Comment