Sunday 29 November 2015

Bullock Farm Pleasure Session (Rushmoor Lake) Saturday.

It was chance to get out with good friend Darren (Big Bird) Greenwood today and with the forecast not present we decided to take a trip to bullock farm in Kingston Seymour to have a go on Rushmoor Lake as being canal shaped their was plenty of chance to chose a few swims out of the strong winds & heavy rain forecast, After picking him up we did find a nice Burger van for a breakfast roll before arriving at the fishery & already it was bowing a gale' We did find two swims slightly out of the wind so tossed a coin as to who had the choice of pegs.

Now Birdy had told me he hadn't fished here before but after spotting a rod rest on one of the pallets further down the lake he had obviously been here for a recent practice". I had the choice so went for a swim around 13mts to the far bank With Darren pitching up below me, Simple fishing to start with so I set up 1 rig being a 0.2g AS1 on 0.11-0.10 & an 18 808 hook to fish a couple of feet off the far bank in around 2ft of water as it was inches deep tight over to the bank, Darren had opted to plum a line at the same distance an another at 10mts Which was slightly deeper around 3ft. I started the day feeding a few Dead red maggots & dampened micro pellets via a small cad pot with a 4mm expander on the hook, I was getting worried as after 45mins I hadn't had a sniff despite changing baits on the hook, By now Birdy had switched to the shorter line and had netted 4 smaller carp to 2lb and things for me weren't going to plan'. Just in the knick of time owner Phil Simmons came around to collect the money who is a avid Bristol City fan who will talk football for hours should the case arise, After chatting to me he moved down to Darren and as he was about to leave I shouted down that Birdy Just so happened to be a season ticket holder" Bingo' It gave me time to set a complete new rig up to fish at 10mts in the deeper water before he finished chatting footy" to him lol' He wasn't impressed!.

Still choosing to fish maggot on the hook over small amounts of micros I finally had a fish being a carp of 2lb, I wont drag on but we had an enjoyable day Really, Darren ended the day with 30 fish for what we thought would go 30lb odd and was in the driving seat to get the better of me right up until the last hour when I managed to claw my way back with some better 3lb plus fish to end the day with around 40lb + mainly on double red maggot over small amounts of micros through the toss pot. Right on queue it decided to pour down bang on 3pm when we agreed to pack up so didn't take any pic's but I'm sure we will return in the near future.               

No comments:

Post a Comment