Sunday 22 November 2015

Viaduct fishery (Sunday Open) Cambell Lake .

Traveling again with Don today it was noticeable just how much of an overnight frost we had overnight & after the stop off for breakfast we arrived at the fishery with the temperature just above freezing with a white surrounding in the fields'. With 15 booked in I favoured a draw nearer the top end of the lake? It wasn't to be as I ended up on the corner peg 110 at the near end off the lake, It's a peg I've always fancied in the warmer months for carp but being shallower at this end my main target of carp after the nights frost would be a bit of a gamble? Titch Williams had won a Thursday costcutter match here a couple of weeks ago fishing the waggler in 2ft of water to the end bank but it was much milder then so didn't know if it would work so well but as inviting as it looked it had to be my first choice'
I fished a loaded crystal waggler on 5lb main line to an 0.13 bottom & a 16 PR434 hook just touching the deck, Another simple day really as I had a bomb rod set up if needed & a 0.2g rig to fish on the pole down the edge towards the brambles at 16mts on 0.15-0.13 in 3ft of water.
 I had good friend & Neighbour Jonny Page next door so at least we would have a laugh if nothing else'.

At the start I fed a small amount of casters with a pinch of corn & meat on the swim down the edge and fed a large amount of casters at 11mts in the open water in-front of me which I would top up though the day with the same hoping for some late signs of fish. Starting towards the end bank on the waggler with punched meat on the hook without feeding I began further along the bank working my way back along it. Despite changing baits & depths I was still without a bite after 45mins so decied to have a quick look down the edge again with meat on the hook. A 3lb fish after a few minutes got me going but it was short lived as nothing followed. Re-feeding another small amount I was back on the waggler but this time chose to fish it closer to me which sounded easy but with the tree overhead it meant a bit of tricky sideways casting" I began to feed the odd bit of meat along the bank (Well, Best I could) which resulted in a fish of 4lb but it was soon back to being biteless, Not to drag on but the day didn't improve much, I managed 2 more on the waggler for the rest of the match, Didn't have a bite down the edge on the pole for the rest of the day after my early fish and never had a sign on the open water swim which I fed with casters, I did start another line in the open water with just a few cubes of meat but again nothing, I missed two bites & a foul hooker in the last half hour on the waggler but the numbers of fish just didn't appear to be here today willing to feed? As I expected the opposite end produced the goods with Titch Williams Winning again for the second time in just over a week from end peg 119 with 115lb which was a good weight after the overnight frost so well done to him, Runner-up next door on peg 118 was Tackle UK's Scott Russell with 100lb odd & the opposite bank produced some good back up weights, On the silvers side Chris Davis took the Spoil's with 7lb odd just Above Jonny page next to me with another 7lb' I did tell him not to pack a few bits away as it could of cost him' Owe I forgot it did' a £1 side bet to me! lol. We did have a good crack though & he did laugh when I was chatting & forgot about overhead branches, I sent to rig straight through the lot and finally saw it waving at me on the other side of the tree! I had the last laugh though as I somehow got it back through 3 lots of twigs without as much as a tangle..". Back next Sunday for the 5th round off the sivers league which could be harder now the cold has hit us? A pleasure trip planned with Good friend Darren Greenwood next Saturday but unsure as to where yet'. 

Full Results -

1st Titch Williams (Drennan Social Workers) peg 119, 115lb 7oz.

2nd Scott Russell (Tackle UK) peg 118, 101b 11oz.

3rd Roland Lucas (Wiltshire Angling) peg 125, 80lb 5oz. 

4th Dave Roper (Viaduct) peg 124, 68lb 14oz.

5th Martin Hayman (un-attached) peg 126, 67lb 2oz.

6th Steve Denmead (Keyways) peg 131, 35b 4oz.  

               

No comments:

Post a Comment