Saturday 20 August 2016

Lee Williams Saturday Series Final Rd, (Viaduct Fishery).

Traveling with Lewis Jones again today for this final round of the Saturday series on five different venues but having missed the last two not feeling fit enough to fish their was nothing to go for in the overall stakes but at least I could pick something up on the day if fortunate enough, After picking Lew up we stopped for a hilltops breakfast on route, Talking of Hilltops café I here on the grapevine that its to final close after years of trading soon which is a real shame as a lot of us have used the premises over 20yrs but all good thing come to an end as they say'. Arriving at the fishery we were greeted with overcast skies & a strong swirling wind, We were all on Cary lake today home of the big boys" & after a wander around we fancied a draw near peg 86 which was the area to draw on the Thursday cost-cutter as it had produced over 300lb".

Into the draw & I made sure I was one of the first' I opened it to find myself on peg 77, I drew peg 78 last time I was here & although I had a few I didn't really compete but was hoping for a better day, Lewis was grinning & I soon knew why as he ended up on peg 86!" surprize surprize" Boy can he draw" in the previous rounds he's had an end peg every time! I'm beginning to think he can draw better than DES SHIPP".

The aerator's were going to be left on today which could help as far as fishing the rods went so first out was a bomb rod followed by a pellet waggler to fish shallow, As far as pole rigs went I made a 4x12 chanti up on o.17-0.15 & an 16 wide gape carp hook to fish off the end of the tree which was in the water at 12mt to start with in nearly 4ft of water, A paste rig to fish off to my right which was slightly shallower by 6inches, & finally a 0.2g AS2 to fish in 2ft of water down the edge at 8mts close to the bank, I would of liked to have gone a bit further towards the next overhanging tree which looked fishy" but the rope connecting the Aerator was across the lake just past the pallet so this was soon ruled out.

I had Sensas 88's Captain Lance Tucker on peg 78 the other side of the tree but couldn't see him, And his team man Mark (Bunt) Broomsgrove on peg 74 but he informed me before the start his peg was black with carp which I didn't want to here as he planned to fish for silvers". I started the day on the bomb & 8mm pellet towards the aerator to my right on the edge of the ripple just feeding a few 8mms here & there & trying different areas, Thing were very slow to start with & after an hour of trying different baits I was yet to catch, After 30mins I dumped two large pots of 8mms at 12mts to my right & had been feeding a few 6mms off the end of the tree so it was time for a change, starting by the tree with a banded 8mm I had my first fish, a 2lb hybrid' followed by two 12oz skimmers before things dried up, I switched to the other line with paste on the hook but again just had signs of silver fish but all small, I even had a quick look down the edge but it didn't produce, back on the bomb I had my first carp on 8mm pellet around 5lb but nothing followed, Another 40mins chucking around before I was back on the pole by the tree.

I added a couple of 1lb tench & another 12oz skimmer but their didn't appear to be carp here willing to feed, I re-plumed at 14mts & started to cad-pot a few 8mm with the same on the hook but still nothing, I was going know where & had to try something else. I had upped the amount of pellet I had been feeding out towards the aerator & decided to give it another try but this time wrapping a lump of paste around the pellet. The bait had only been in the water second before I found myself attached to another carp, around 8lb it was soon in the net & I had it down as a fluke but the next cast the same happened, & the next! This got me really excited but I had drawn the attention of the duck by feeding more which soon put pay to anymore, I tried it over a few other areas of the swim but couldn't get any signs, I had a couple of skimmers on it before landing another double figure fish back towards the aerator, when things went quite I had another quick try on the pole lines but they just didn't produce.

with around 90mins of the match remaining I took two good fish in two casts before losing a beast & all my setup under the tree" It didn't take long to set back up but the next fish I hooked I pulled out of it just as it was close to the bank, I managed one more before signs of fish seemed to disappear on the deck. Although I couldn't see fish up in the water I just had a feeling so with 40mins to go I had a look on the shallow waggler, within second I hooked another good fish but again it took me under the tree snapping the hooklength in the process" I Managed one shallow before the ducks returned so spent the last 10mins on the bomb but didn't take anymore. from what I could see I had done ok & estimated about 100lb of carp but couldn't see the pegs below me on the opposite bank but the guy on peg 105 had been catching well all day, We were first to weigh on are bank, Bunt had 18lb of silvers , My carp went 110lb odd with just over 8lb of silvers to add, Tuck's had a mare day with just the one carp & two skimmers & above him Brian (Anteater) Slipper on the spit peg managed 44lb, Back at the results it turned out pegs 105 & 109 was the place to be as both managed to weigh just over 200lb, My weight was enough for 3rd on the day but with the monies paid out in section on the day the pick-up of £46.50' was the best I could of hoped for, I should of switched to fishing the conker" earlier which

I'm sure would of produced a few more as would of the pellet waggler but an enjoyable match come the end, Lewis ended up 2nd in his section to see him finish 2nd overall in the carp stakes as far as the league went so he also had some money back. off to Shiplate Farm for Paul Chapman's Memorial match tomorrow & hoping the wind we have here at the moment subsides".

Full Results -

1st Dave Chidzoy (Un-attached) peg 105, 213lb 13oz.

2nd Ryan Shipp (Bristol) peg 109, 203lb 8oz.

3rd Dom Sullivan (Maver) peg 77, 119lb 8oz.

4th Vince Brown (Mosella) peg 96, 108lb 10oz.

5th Lewis Jones (Drennan Thyers) peg 86, 86lb 9oz.

Silvers -

1st Paul Berry , Peg 97, 20lb 11oz. 
               

No comments:

Post a Comment