Saturday 10 September 2016

Viaduct Fishery Saturday Open,

After taking last weekend off due to spending the previous week on holiday with the wife I was looking forward to returning to the bank, Running a bit late this morning after making up some paste before I left I stopped off for a bacon butty at the Albion Truck-stop on route, Arriving at the fishery it was a good turnout with 30 booked-in & the match would be held over Cambell & Cary Lakes, After a brew before the draw & a chin wag with Nicky Ewers we found Are self's at the front of the queue, Nick went First ending up on Cambell before I picked out peg 98 on Cary.

I was quite happy with this to be honest as last time I drew this lake I did well catching on the Conker" later in the day so the straight lead rod was first out the bag, followed by the shallow waggler as conditions looked good for it should the bomb not produce, I spoke to new Mosella sponsored Gabo Skarba who fished this lake on the Thursday costcutter & he won the lake on the bomb & pellet from peg 80 so Apart from this all I set up was a 4x10 Chanti on 0.19-0.15 & a size 14 PR478 hook to fish around 6mts on meat & with the level's being down it was under 4ft deep. I hoped by casting around the lake with either Pellet or pellet masked with paste I would soon find some fish?

I started on banded 8mm but after 20mins added some paste to it as I had no early signs, Five minutes later I hooked my first fish but it swam straight at me & shed the hook infront my nets" another 30mins on the conker didn't produce a bite so it was back to chucking around the peg on the pellet but despite trying just about everywhere I couldn't get it to work. Gareth Lennox was next to me on peg 96 who despite feeding the bomb line had decided to concentrate on silvers with the pole & I felt the fish were sitting more towards him, I had been pinging 8mms out but had been feeding a line off to my left at around 20mts with 6mm's but still couldn't get indications over it, I switched to punched dyed or normal meat on the hook but still nothing'.

Nearly three hours gone & I still hadn't caught, I had nothing to lose so switched to pinging in more 8mm's in one area before trying over the top on the shaow waggler, Five minutes later & I had my first fish over 12lb, Next cast I had one around 8lb, & straight after this hooked another which came off close to the bank before I had drawn the attention of the hungry ducks" That put pay to that! I couldn't get then out of the peg & I had to keep feeding to get the fish in the swim so it was proving hard work with them competing with the feed, I did miss a couple of bite & lose a few fish but a couple were fouler's" I managed two more on the shallow wagg & one more on the conker" but still didn't get a bite with pellet on the deck, Interestingly the guy next to me the other side of the tree on peg 100 had fed a long pole line & in the last two hours started to sack up with paste on the hook over pellet so fair play to him, With Lodge lake right behind me I wasn't prepared to fish the long pole but it worked for him as he finished up with 150lb odd which was enough for second on the day, Winner on the day went to Aidon Bordick from peg 128 on Cambell with 164lb catching the bulk of his fish on the long pole & meat, Top silvers also came from Cambell peg 125 with Freenze's Dan Squires taking 50lb odd of mainly skimmers on corn.

I certainly couldn't get the bomb to work today & maybe if I had followed suit on the long pole it would of produced a better result but that's the way it go's, Still not sure of my plans for tomorrow yet but will end up somewhere no doubt.

Full Result -

 1st Aidon Bordick (Shaw Rd Disaster Squad) peg 128 Cambell, 164lb 5oz.

2nd Jamie Bowden (Unknown) peg 100 Cary, 156lb 8oz.

3rd Greg Harding (Unknown) peg 80 Cary, 146lb 4oz.

4th Phil Hardwick (Viaduct) peg 81 Cary, 140lb 2oz.

5th Rob Walters (Un-Attached) peg 94 Cary, 137lb 6oz.

Silvers -

1st Dan Squires (Freenze) peg 128 Cambell, 50lb 8oz.

2nd Nigel Bartlett (Viaduct) peg 78 Cary, 45lb 12oz.

              

No comments:

Post a Comment