Sunday 29 January 2017

Viaduct Teams Of Five (Round 2) All Lakes.

Back again for the second round of this popular 95 peg league & although milder than of late it looked as if the rain would be an issue today with the forecast of the wind to pick up as the day went on, I met Gabo before we made are way to Burnham for breakfast again hoping it would be a bit warmer than off late? Nope".. Arriving at the fishery it was already filling up but was fortunate enough to park close to Cary lake which I would be on today, With the pools paid early we waited for Gabo's better half for us to do the team draw for us today. When she came back with the sheet it turned out Steve Segar was on the top end peg of Cambell 119 which could be ok, Gabo ended up on a corner peg on Lodge 57 but not the best, Mark leader who was filling in for Lewis Walker today drew the split section between Lodge/Middle & Spring & this is where he ended up on peg 26 of the spit which can be a bit hit & Miss, Captain Chris Drew 10 on Spring lake which at least gave him an Island Chuck & I would be on peg 86 Cary which I was quite happy with as I've had this peg before & was quite confident at hooking a carp here at some stage in the day?.

I did have a half-hearted think about feeding a silvers line but when I arrived at my swim & saw what appeared to be carp moving towards the middle of the lake so total ruled out fishing for them, Quite a simple set up today a bomb rod with a 6lb hook-length & a size 16 hook with a longish hair, I was going to try fishing the waggler but with the forecast of wind in are direction I thought presentation would be hampered so managed to borrow another feeder rod off Steve Segar which I set up slightly different with a longer 2ft hook-length.

Lately most of the Carp being caught on this lake seemed to have a liking for bread so this would be my starting point, For Company I had venue expert Mark Wynn on peg 85 & Nigel Easton on 87 who I had a quid with again as we drew next to each other on a resent open on here a couple of weeks back but had nearly swapped places".

On the all-in I decided to start the day on the bomb & bread around 20mts out to start with as I could always venture further out as the day progressed, I was quite surprized when I had a couple of early line bites even at this short distance, I wasn't in a hurry to recast & after 20mins I had a proper pull round which resulted in a 7lb carp so a good settler so to speak, Back out at the same distance & the line bites seemed to cease so I started to chuck just a little further. I had to wait another 40mins for my next bite which was a slightly smaller fish but still very welcome, Mark had also taken a couple of early fish on the bomb but Nigel to my left was still yet to catch, No more Liners so I was forced to try a little further again & just before we were 90mins into the match I hooked a proper fish" I had to warn Nigel when it kited in his direction but after a bit of a battle I safely netted a fish around 15lb", I was quite happy with the way things were going, If  I could manage a fish every 30mins I would be grateful'.

This is where the wheels fell off" No matter where I tried I just couldn't seem to find anymore fish, Any signs or liners had long gone & now I was sat looking at a motionless tip as was Nigel next door, I went through a right array of  baits from bread, corn, normal punched meat, Red meat, Yellow meat & even floating white maggots but still nothing would work. the pegs on the opposite bank began to catch the odd fish telling me they had moved further along the lake so I just had to hope they would return, Mark seemed to be in the same boat after taking a couple more fish in the early part of the match he to was struggling to get signs of fish.

I would like to say things kicked back into life but it didn't really happen, The rain came down more as the day went on & the wind did pick up enough to rule out fishing the waggler. In the closing stages Mark found a couple more fish on the bomb & 10mins from the all-out I finally had another bite which again turned out to be a better fish which unfortunately hooked up with Nigel's rig but he was sporting enough to slacken off his line allowing me to net it (Thanks Nigel") even though both rigs became trashed!" That was it four bites & four carp so a 100% record" When the scales arrived 51lb was winning the lake, My four fish went 41lb but Mark did well to take 78lb which was easily enough to win the lake so well done to him. Back at the results it was a bit mixed team wise, I ended up 4th on the lake picking up 16pts, Gabo finished up with 10pts, Chris had 2pts, Mark ended up with 5pts but Steve Faired best with winning his lake (19pts) with 130lb odd which was also enough to finish 2nd overall on the day so a good result & a nice pick up along the way. Winning on the day from peg 53 on long lake was welsh lad Richard A'herne catching most of his fish on the waggler with corn searching around his end peg bay area to finish with 143lb. Top silvers went to Dave Romian from peg 124 on Cambell with 24lb of skimmers on the long pole, On the team front we fished with 52pts to finish tenth on the day which was a bit of a disappointment but that's the way it goes, Top team on the day went to Colmic South West with 69pts to see them top the league after two rounds with 128pts ahead of Thatchers Vets with 124pts but a long way to go with three rounds remaining, I had the added bonus of picking up £40 for my mini section so that helped to pay for the day, back again in two weeks when I'm on Lodge lake, Peg 53 or 66 please".

Full Results -

1st Richard A'Herne (Frenzee) peg 53 Lodge, 143lb 2oz.

2nd Steve Segar (Maver) peg 119 Cambell, 131lb 14oz.

3rd Jason Radford (Viaduct Allstars) peg 113 Cambell) 119lb 12oz.

4th Andy Neal (Natural Talent) peg 66 Lodge, 119lb 11oz.

5th Steve Tucker (Thatchers Vets) peg 129 Cambell, 113lb 4oz.

6th Craig Edmunds (Mosella) peg 127 Cambell, 92lb 14oz.

Silvers -

1st Dave Romaine (Team Keyford) peg 124 Cambell, 24lb 8oz.

2nd Ken Rayner (Colmic) peg 24 Spring 17lb 1oz.

3rd Simon Hebditch (Garbolino BVMG) peg 125 Cambell, 15lb 4oz.

Overall Standings -

1st Colmic 128pts

2nd Thatchers Vets 124pts

3rd Natural Talent 121pts

4th Frenzee SW 114pts

5th Future Networks 112pts

6th Garbolino BVMG 111pts

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

                            

No comments:

Post a Comment