Monday 15 May 2017

Sedges Fishery (Guru Series Tile Lake). Round 4.

Back again for this fourth round of this five round league, Not in contention for an overall frame place despite finishing in the top 6 in the first three rounds but have so far enjoyed the matches so was looking forward to the day. I had a wander around before the match & their seemed to be a few carp chasing the silvers spawn in the margins of the far bank swims which would have the wind off their backs today which was due to increase as the day progressed so was hoping for a draw on this bank for a change. Into the draw & I found myself on peg 32 on the split bank between brick lake,
The higher number pegs further along tend to dominate & with the peg only producing 20lb in the last round I wasn't to hopeful, I set up the waggler to try & fish towards the island but if the wind got any worse I would have a job presenting it so set up a small cage feeder to fish the same distance. Tomorrow is the start of the topkit only league so I decided this would be my only pole swim today to hopefully give me a hindsight as what to expect so set up a 4x14 float on 0.17-0.15 & a 16 B911 hook.

I started the day fishing the pellet wagg towards the island feeding shorter feeding a few 8mm's & began to feed a few 6mm's just over halfway across, I did have an early 4lb carp after ten minutes but only when I got the float tight to the island,
Already the wind had picked up as was making things difficult, King of the swingers' Mark Leader who was guesting today on my left had a better size fish on the method early but things were already not looking good with fish being caught further down on are side. I would like to say things got better but they didn't for me" . I switched to the small cage feeder to the island & did hook two more, both which snagged me within seconds snapping my hooklength like cotton". I managed one more on the wagg & Finally got a couple of bites on the topkit on meat, The first turned out to be a 16lb 8oz carp which seemed to take forever to net as it was hooked just outside the mouth so couldn't get its gob up which wasn't helped with this topkit not having a puller kit! but at least I landed it' The only other bite was from a 1lb skimmer & that was the end of my day. Mark had a couple more on the method & did get a monster eel & a few late carp on his longer meat line & was admitting to 40lb & peg 31 in the corner was admitting to 50lb so I didn't trouble the scales again today"  Tiverton's Martin Heard took the top weight on the day with 146lb from peg 39 Followed by two weights of 114lb, Fishery owner Jamie Rich finisher 2nd by 1oz' which now see's him on four section wins & as the day panned out it now means he cant be caught for the overall title, Back again in a couple of weeks for the final round so hopefully I can have a better day as this is getting hard to take at the moment'.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment