Thursday 4 May 2017

Summerhayes Fishery (Weds Rover).

I booked in not knowing how many were in but a bit disappointing with only 5 of us present including team mate Gabo who booked in at the last minute, Perhaps with everyone favouring costcutter' matches perhaps the £21 entry puts them off? Still here now so plenty of choice where to fish" I ended up with third choice & after Mark Hannon went for one I was hoping for on longs  I ended up going on Lily Pool all on my tod" with the wind off my back I planned a simple day fishing short as I new with some resent weights over 150lb on the other ponds I would have to catch from the off, Gabo opted for a peg with the wind blowing in to the small island on peg 13 Sellicks & the other two went on longs. I simple rig to fish meat at 6mts & off to my left at the same distance & a rig to fish at 5mts to the point on my left down the inside edge & back towards the pallet on my right.

I wont bore you with hooks line Ect as at the moment I seem to be ill fated or have I just became crap overnight"? No funny comments please because I could get my Mo-Jo back & batter you off the next peg! wishful thinking? My day went a bit like this, Started on the meat at 6mts, 20mins, Not a sniff, Off to my left the same distance where I had fed a decent amount of 6mms at the start, One foul hooker which came off, down to the right hand inside point on the hour mark, Nothing, Down to the pallet on corn, Still nothing...

I rotated lines for two hours before I finally caught, A 1/2oz rudd! finally I caught a 2lb carp by feeding 6mm hard pellet & using 8mm on the hook to avoid the blips playing pin-ball with my banded 6mm" , Before the halfway point Gabo was off for more nets as he was already close to his limits on the first two" Chose the right peg today then didn't I.. I did start to get the odd carp between 2-4lb but had to wait to long for bites, So with a couple of hours to go dumped nearly the entire contents of my bait tray down the edge" & took a wander over to see how Gabo was catching for a while. I gave it another go on my return & had a couple more but called it a day with just under an hour to go tipping back a mere 40lb. I went to see Gabo again who was still catching the odd carp & admitting to 60 odd carp & a few small tench so I guessed he had over 200lb & their were two weights over 100lb on longs, I didn't stay for the weigh-in but it turned out Gabo did win the day but had the added bonus of beating the lakes & venue record with 240lb odd so well done Mate. He fished well for it being positive as he does" Lol , Bill Hopping ended up with 160lb odd with Mark having 120lb plus.

Good weights for the few of us fishing but I certainly chose the wrong lake today to try & compete, I know some fish from this lake have been moved, A few more than they thought I'm hoping as I managed to skilfully avoid the lakes entire contents for most of the day despite being here on my own! I would of probably been best to pick a swim with the wind blowing in on the opposite bank but who knows hey" Its only fishin!.          

No comments:

Post a Comment