Saturday 16 December 2017

Acorn Saturday Series Rd 3. (Paddock Lake).

I had a feeling today was going to be hard when I woke to a frost this morning & the grass was still white when we arrived at the fishery & after meeting Bobby G & Tom Cassidy at the grub van by Asda in Clevedon for a decent breakfast roll beforehand. Into the draw & I was disappointed to end up on peg 19 which is a few pegs down from the bridge on the longer straight section, Its only around 13mts wide here & with the pegs in my section below me being in the wider water, & the rest on the far bank at the top end of the lake I thought I was going to struggle to compete today? Mark Walsh drew this in the first round & D.N.W after one small fish so I wasn't to optimistic" I'm not going to bother with explaining rigs ect as I didn't catch much! I started the day across dobbing bread to start against the grassed areas but not a sign of fish, switched to fishing maggot in the deeper water around 3-4ft after Matt Roden on peg 17 hooked & landed a carp but still nothing" Had a go down the track with bread, Same result'. For over three hours I tried just about everything I could think of & Baits for that matter but not so much as an indication on the float even to tell me their were fish present? I Had to go for a wander whilst enjoying the rest of my breakfast roll' I went up to bobby on peg 26 who had a few fish along the end bank on maggot but he did have a bit of room as the pegs either side were 22 & 31" Back at my peg & I had an indication as soon as I went back on the deeper shelf again on maggot but it turned out to be a foul hooked carp in the side of the face which shed the hook at the net!" Owe what a day this was turning out to be...

I Never had another indication on this line even starting new swims further along the shelf, I wasn't going to give up though' I had tried the shallower water infront the reeds on the far bank all day but after trying it again with 45mins to go I had a bite' It turned out to be a 1oz roach but at least I hadn't blanked! I just could not catch a carp anywhere, I had a bigger 3oz" roach with 15mins to go & that was it! A really bad day for me & last in the section so hopefully this will be my dropped result come the end"? Matt on peg 17 took 7lb of skimmers on maggot to go with his 6lb carp & Below him Mark Broomsgrove weighed 8lb odd but the other pegs in are section on the far bank faired better as Walshy won it from peg 31 with 51lb odd. Their were a few fish caught on odd pegs but not for me today but that's winter fishing" Glen Calvert did well off peg 40 fishing bread down the track to win the day so well done to him. Bobby G is well on the way to winning this league already after his 3rd section win but close for the rest of us. Off to Shiplate Farm for the Xmas match Tomorrow so hoping for a better day.

Full results -

1st Glen Calvert (Maver Cadbury Angling) peg 40,  57lb.

2nd Mark Walsh (Acorn) peg 31, 51lb 15oz.

3rd Bob Gullit (Mosella) peg 26, 51lb 14oz.

4th Keith Ray (Acorn) Peg 11, 48lb

League To Date,

1st Bob Gullit 18pts.

2nd Mark Broomsgrove , Ray Cooper 14pts.

4th Tom Cassidy 13pts.

5th Dom Sullivan , Glen Calvert  12pts.       

No comments:

Post a Comment