Saturday 30 December 2017

Viaduct Fishery Open (Cambell Lake).

I decided at the last minute to make a trip for todays match, The end pegs at the car park end of the lake had been dominating the last few match mainly pegs 110 & 132 although on yesterdays results here peg 110 tipped back just two carp & most of the fish had seemed to move slightly further up on the opposite bank, It was much milder than of late with quite a brisk wind to start with blowing up towards peg 119, Not a bad turnout with 16 fishing so I let the usual few take their pick before having ago & was amazed when I saw peg 110 in my mitt!"

Although the guy didn't catch much here yesterday I was certainly in the right area & looking forward to targeting just carp today" Plenty of time to set up but kept it simple, A bomb rod to fish in the open water & down towards the pallet on the end peg which had been doing some damage here of late with the best bait proving to be meat but had some bread just encase, A waggler to fish all depths but its not deep here with the best depth around 4ft again in the open water & end bank & finally just one pole rig to fish in the open water to my left at 16mts being a 0.2 float on 0.15-0.13 & an 16 F1 maggot hook, This rig would double up to fish down the edge into towards the end corner of the lake at the same distance where it was only inches different, Let the onslaught begin"..

I was a bit concerned not to see any signs of fish towards the end bank whilst setting up but there were fish showing in the open water directly infront of me' The only issue was they were further across than I was allowed to chuck! They have fins though & on the all-in went straight out on the bomb with 8mm meat on the hook dropping short to start with to try & get an early fish, Nothing here so went slightly further this time with double 6mm meat on the hair, Bingo' twenty minutes in & 6lb in the net, I had good company with Richard A'Herne next to me on peg 111 who had started with the waggler & meat & lost a couple of foul hooked fish but after my first pull round the next 45mins fishless, I had been pinging the odd cube of meat down the edge & on the 16mt pole line so decided to have a quick look as the chap opposite me had already netted a few where the continued to show'. Nothing to show in the open water but first drop-in down the edge I missed a bite", Back in again & soon after had another fish in the net around 4lb then nothing so left it & tried the bomb again. Nothing in the open water so started to have a go near the end bank, I had a fish within seconds around 7lb but again nothing followed, The lad on the opposite bank was still catching well but just the other odd fish were being caught, Around halfway through Rich had switched to his silvers line after a couple of early carp on the wagg, I was struggling to get indications, I went back down the edge & had another fish but then couldn't get the rig to settle? I soon found out why after latching into a big branch which then shed the hook right where I was getting indications!" Ho Hum.. I switched to fishing the waggler, First in the open water but it was a nightmare to try & see it so began to fish it along the end bank but the casting was a bit awkward, I did snare another quick fish again with meat on a hair but they didn't appear to be here in numbers as again nothing followed, I did manage one more down the edge more by fluke as I spent far to long trying to get the rig to work without hooking up, The last hour or so proved worth while for Richard as after struggling for silvers switched back to the wagg & meat & took around half a dozen better size carp which would win him the section at least, I finished the day with seven carp & was first to weigh finishing with 46lb odd but fair play to Richard who went on to finish with 77lb odd after going slightly over in his net, which won him the section as Charlie Dalton opposite me finished with 122lb odd to easily win the day so well done to him, catching all his fish on the bomb, His side of the lake" Lol. As far as the silvers went regular Paul Greenwood took 16lb odd off of peg 116 mainly skimmers on the caster,

Learnt a bit more today which is always a good sign, maybe I should have stuck to the open water bomb/wagg line a bit more as I may have had some here late but the fish didn't see to like the scent of my plumrose today".

Happy new year to Steve Helen & Matt who do a stern job at the helm & are always happy to help.

Full Results -

1st Charlie Dalton (Gold Valley) peg 131, 122lb 2oz

2nd Richard A'Herne  (Frennze) peg 111 77lb 10oz.

3rd Jebb Attwood (Gold Valley) peg 119, 48lb 10oz.

4th Dom Sullivan (Mosella) peg 110, 46lb 14oz.

5th Clive Barrow (Southampton) peg 132, 44lb 1oz.

6th Steve Denmead (Keyfords) peg 130, 34lb 9oz.

Silvers -

1st Paul Greenwood (Bait-Tech Viaduct) peg 115, 16lb 1oz.

2nd Steve Axles (Frennze) peg 126, 9lb 5oz.          

No comments:

Post a Comment