Monday 28 May 2018

Summerhayes Longs Lake Silvers Only & Shiplate Farm Knock-Up.

Friday saw me at Summerhayes for the latest silvers qualifier, I drew peg 13 which was in the widest area & going on last weeks weights expected a few bites".

I had Tom Thick next to me on peg 11 who was being greedy as he wanted a quid on it just after winning the Avalon Festival the previous four days" Well done mate. Well it didn't quite turn out as we expected' I had two small skimmers after two hours & was winning the lake! Tom had a run of seven small skimmers mid match then nothing & called it a day with an hour to go, I kept plugging away picking up the odd small hand size skimmer on soft pellet but nothing of any size, I saw Bill Hopping on peg 17 net some good skimmers late in the day & Rob Birch was netting some better late fish on peg 8 behind me but it was rock hard today & the silvers just didn't want to play ball.

Full results -

1st Rob Birch (Peg 13) & Bill Hopping (Peg 17) (Summerhayes) 4lb 10oz.

3rd Dom Sullivan (Mosella UK) peg 13, 3lb 5oz.

4th George (HLS) peg 34, 2lb 12oz. 

Saturday saw me have a friendly knock-up for another Johno Mania match on Shiplate Hawthorns lake which is just a piss take among a few of us a couple of times a year, I ended up on peg 15 at the far end, Had a strange day, Couldn't really get more than one fish on any method, Managed to dob a couple through the day, Had one early tight across but soon scraped that due to the wind so fished up & down in the edge & 6mts on meat on the deck which got me some late carp & a few silvers, I ended up with 50lb odd but easy winner on the day was Peanut Howell With 138lb on peg 9 in the middle of the lake catching shallow down the track but don't ask him what he caught on cause it wont be the truth!! I ended up 2nd & did win the silvers but no double bubble so only £32 quid back, A small profit I thought but not to be as I snapped two elastics through the day Losing both fish & the entire rigs in the process so had to quickly make a trip to the tackle shop for some more!

Full Results -

1st Steve Howell (Shiplate) peg 9, 138lb 8oz.

2nd Dom Sullivan (Mosella UK) peg 15, 53lb 10oz.

3rd Andy Light (Shiplate) peg 1, 38lb 8oz.

4th Paul Hawkins (Pole Repairs Needed) peg 6, 35lb 4oz.

No comments:

Post a Comment