Monday 28 May 2018

Update on the last Four days" Shiplate Main Lake, Summerhayes, Shiplate Hawthorns.

Been a busy few days so whilst I have five minutes Ile do my best to run through how things went, Thursday started with a last minute decision as I had finished work early not feeling great but didn't want to sit at home so got in just in time for the draw on the Cost-cutter on the main lake at Shiplate Farm, I let Steve's helper Jim draw for me & fancied a few bites on here for a change when he handed me peg 5, Titch had drawn peg 1 again' so fancied him to be the winner but was still going to target carp, I kept it simple, Shallow on the long pole, the pellet waggler, & a rig for down the edge towards peg 6 where I had around 3ft of water away from the rocks, I started shallow on the pole but no early signs, Saw a few fish on the wagg line but only two foul hookers in the next hour which both came off, Two hours gone & I was blanking, Gary Finders had had a couple shallow on the pole so spent most of the match doing the same, I ended up with six carp for 50lb odd but lost 12 through the day mostly fouled or not hooked properly?? Their is no ruling on how shallow you can fish here & even inches deep I was having problems, They were big fish as well. As expected titch won the day with 107lb, Gary did well to finish 2nd with 80lb including some late fish on the method & a few shallow in the tail"Lol, Silvers wise Dave Wride showed the way here yet again with 23lb odd, A funny day as they weren't keen to feed & tempting a few on the hook proved hard, I tried the edge but never had a bite here all day.

Full results -

1st Titch Williams, (Drennan Thyers) peg 1, 107lb 15oz.

2nd Gary Finders (Shiplate) peg 4, 80lb.

3rd Mike Owens (Sensas 88) peg 13, 78lb 1oz.

4th Dom Sullivan (Mosella UK) peg 5, 50lb 14oz.


    

No comments:

Post a Comment