Saturday 25 January 2014

Emerald pool,

No match today so it was back to Emerald pool for another Crack at the silvers and after a breky at hilltops which I had to leave most of due to raging toothache" again! back to the dentist Monday I think and its coming out! I was meant to meet Glyn Wickham there but he couldn't make it but Ray & Nigel Wickham were there to join me for the day instead.

After deciding what pegs to fish & loading the gear on the trolley it dawned on me Glyn was suppose to be bringing my bait and all I had was some red maggot and some floro pinkee so after putting my kit on a peg on the far side of the lake opposite the car park a quick trip to Thyers in Highbridge saw me grab a couple of pints of casters for the day.

 

Back in time for me to tackle up two rigs one 4x12 chanti for on the deck in 4ft of water at 13mts and another 4x10 chanti for an inside line in 3ft of water as far as I could  feed by hand both on 0.10 to 0.09 4in hooklenghts with an 18 PR 490 which is a nice fine wire wide gape perfect for the casters when there is a chance of catching quick,

I cupped in 4 large pots of wettish grounbait with a handful of casters added to each on the 13mt line and began to feed the shorter line by hand starting on the long line it took me all of two minutes to get my first bite and a hybrid of 6oz, was netted at the same time Ray on the next peg also had his first fish that was the pattern for most of the day and by swapping between 13mts and 14mts when I re-fed, I managed to catch on the one line all day with caster on the business end for what I can only describe as an awesome days fishing with Roach to a pound plus, Skimmers, Hybrids and crucians of similar size and going into the last part of the session  I decided to count how many fish I could do in an hour only for me to get to 28 fish in 20mins then I made the mistake of trying to swing in fish 29 only for it to fall off and my rig end up in the tree overhead! so I finished the day after four and a half hours with a weight of  Approx. 60lb whilst Ray also had some nice fish and ended with 30lb + all caught on double red maggot and Nigel over on the car park bank opposite ending the day with 50lb + again all on one line with worm so a great day was had by all and really looking forward to Match I have arranged for next Saturday so as long as we don't have any bitterly cold weather I think we will all have a good day, But judging by todays results I don't think that will make much Difference"

Myself

       Myself with my net of fish, followed by Ray & Nigel's Catches.

  

  


 

 

 
 

  

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment