Sunday 25 May 2014

Acorn Series Rd 5.

After 3 weeks it was back to acorn for the penultimate round of this six match series, The forecast today was for the cloud to clear and to leave us with a pleasant day but on arrival at the fishery I was surprized how much wind was around and being my section was mainly along the straight bank I had a wander around to see which pegs would suit the weather more than the angler" last time I drew this section I had peg 16 and looking how the wind was I was praying not to draw here again as pegs 16 and 17 are set back further from the pegs around meaning a further reach to the far bank. Still stuffed from the over size Chinese last night I skipped breakfast and settled for a cuppa instead, Before the draw Glen and Paul had handed out the overall standings so far with your worst result dropped so to find I was sat in second place with a weight advantage ment there was sill all to play for.
 At the draw Bob Gullick did his best to upset the easy pools entry by presenting them with a £50 note' although I did tell them to check it before they accepted it!
 At the draw I joked with Lance Tucker we would probably end up next to each other as we did in the wind swept last match" and low and behold we did' Lance on 16 which I had on the first match and me on 17" B******S!.
On arrival to my peg I decided to venture around the far bank and prune some of the stick-ups allowing me to fish as tight to the bank as I could reach, Swim number one was fine but after a couple of snip's with the scissors on swim two I heard a plop' as I lent over the lake and my first thoughts were, Owe No Not Another Camera' I pulled my sleeve up only to find it was my mobile PHONE!.
Terrific" Owe well there was no chance of me struggling to answer a call from the missis mid match!.
Tackling up I had two 4x10 Chantis to fish in 12inches water where I had trimmed the far bank at around 15mts on 0.13-0.11 and an 18 Wide Gape Pellet, 
 A diamond body 4x12 rig was assembled to fish the bottom of the first shelf in 3ft of water and the rigs I had to fish in the shallow water across would double up to fish tight to my inside bank either side later in the day. I did have two more rigs assembled being one to fish at 5mts on pellet in-front of me and a rig to fish the bottom of the far shelf if need be but both proved point-less so I wont mention them again.
At the start I decided to fish one swim positive across with caster and a few chopped worms fed with a big pot and started on the left hand gap with a 4mm expander on the hook feeding just a few micro and crushed expander via a cad pot, it took me 15mins before I had my first fish being an F1 of a 1lb followed by a carp of 4lb but I was already struggling to hold the rig in the swim let alone present it' By now anglers around were already trying there shorter lines without success so I stuck at it for the first 90mins adding 2 more carp of the same size before I had to give up as I couldn't even get the rig across which was so frustrating as I new the fish were happy to feed in the shallower water as Lance was fishing away from the bank in the deeper water but was only getting skimmers but had to give up trying aswell,
 Despite trying everything I only caught 2 roach and a small skimmer on any of my shorter lines except for 1 more F1 tight into the bank on my left on worm. From what I could see we were all in the same boat struggling to put anything together and in the last 30mins I decided come what may I wrapped myself around the pole across and added another carp and a 4lb Grass carp'.
It un-believable how we can get up in the morning and the weather forecast  has no mention of wind but you fish in a gale" 
Ending the day with 23lb I had a better day than Lance with him ending up with 11lb and John Osborne next door on peg 18 falling to catch, Ken Rayner over on peg 2 won the section with 48lb and I finished up 4th in the section which wasn't a disaster but a shame the wind ruined it yet again"
Owe And just for the record I left my phone in the windscreen of the car all day and when I re-assembled it low and behold it was in perfect working order" bargain these £9.99 Nokia phones! 
Full Results-
1st Kev Lloyd (Clevedon A.A) peg 7, 90lb 4oz.
2nd Pete Bartlett (un-known) peg 12, 82lb 12oz.
3rd Bela Bakos (Avon Angling) peg 40, 65lb 14oz.
4th Lewis Jones (Sensas Thyers) peg 22, 62lb 8oz.
5th Rob Fogg (Clevedon A.A) peg 6, 60lb 14oz.
Silvers -
1st Paul Faires (Sensas Thyers) peg 5, 24lb 2oz.
     
 
  
  
    

No comments:

Post a Comment