Tuesday 27 May 2014

Acorn Fishery Tuesday Tenner.


After extending the bank holiday by taking a days hols I decided to make the most of it and return to Acorn for the cost cutter match, The forecast was for rain though-out the day and loading the car it was already showing signs of it but when I got to the fishery it was quite pleasant with know signs of wind so a bit different to the last visit! A good turn out of 17 for a Tuesday meant we were going to be spread around the lake and I wasn't to bothered where I would end up but was praying to avoid peg 17 if possible" God must be looking over me at the moment as Bridge peg 40 was stuck to my mitt which I was happy with as it regularly throws up some weights and although the bridge pegs hold a smaller stamp of fish they can be good holding spots.
 
With the weather being warm I fully expected to catch shallow around the middle of the bridge by feeding hard 6mm pellet by hand and fishing banded hard pellet on the hook anywhere from 10inches to a couple of feet deep I set up two rigs for this, One being a 4x10 Chanti on 0.13-0.11 and an 18 PR434, And a small inline dibber with the same set up. Normally there are signs of fish sucking along the bridge but It wasn't the case today so both rigs could be used to fish the far end of the bridge should the fish back off.
 Not wanting to put all my eggs in one basket, Except for a rig to fish on the deck on the same line should the need arise, I did a bit of trimming before the match along the far bank further to my right at 13mts to give me a line to get in tight to the bank where I planned to start the match as you can see in pic.
 
After Tackling up I did take some pics of the others and had a visit from what must be a relative of Gary Cross coz last time I saw him he looked just as scruffy"
 
 
At the all-in I fed a palm full of groundbait with some hard 4mm pellet in over to the new 13mt line tight to the bank in 18inches of water and started the day fishing 12inches deep in the middle of the bridge feeding a few hard 6mms and fishing the same on the hook, After 20mins I only had 1 F1 but wasn't to worried as it can take some time for them to respond to the feed so I switched to the 13mt swim I had already fed with a 4mm expander on the hook, I added 3 carp to 3lb before I felt the need to re-feed it and switch back to fishing the bridge.
By feeding a few 6mm all the time by hand I was into a run of fish of all sizes including some more F1s but at least I was catching and on these pegs its best just to keep putting something in the net, I found it best to change depth after every couple of fish which worked for a while but they didn't take kindly to much of a bashing so I chose to add some sections and flick the rig further towards the far side of the bridge, This worked a treat and I added a couple of bigger fish to 5lb without feeding anything"
Halfway through I thought somebody was creeping up behind me only to find Tarquin' The Turkey" having a nose through my net-bag though I don't know if you agree but it some what resembled Charlie Barns??! lol (Only Joking Mate,)
 (Tarquin).
 Most of the remaining match I concentrated switching between the long and shorter lines shallow by the bridge and by feeding shorter and going longer when they slowed up helped me add fish right up to the whistle, One thing I did pick up on was when I fished the in-line dibber rig shallow I did miss a few bites and a switch to fishing the slimmer Chanti with the shot bulked right under the float saw me connect to a lot more which I put down to the fish feeling the resistance more with the dibber style rig.
At the weigh-in a few people were admitting to a few fish and the first big weight went the way of Paul Faires over on peg 4 fishing the feeder and pellet to the far bank taking 92lb, Next to better that was Gabrial Skarba Just missing out on a 100lb from bridge peg 33 catching shallow and later in the day down his inside edge on pellet, I was last to weigh in and my 7lb of silvers added to my carp gave me a total of 104lb for first on the day, so by not worrying so much about the size of the fish worked for me today adding another £34 to the wallet along the way.
 Part of my catch.
 
So a good day all round for myself without having to battle with any wind for a change and with this peg being in my section for the last round of the individual league this coming Sunday if the weather remains the same I'll happily settle for it again" There were some good silvers weights today with Phil (Fabio) Harding ending up with a nice net of F1s, Tench and Skimmers from peg 22 to total 45lb caught over worm and caster.
Phil (Fabio)
 
Full Results-
1st Dom Sullivan (Maver/Cadbury Angling) peg 40, 104lb 8oz.
2nd Gabrial Skarba (un-attached) peg 33,  99lb 15oz.
3rd Paul Faries (Sensas Thyers) peg 3,  92lb 4oz.
4th Harry Muir (Over 50's) peg 5, 72lb 2oz.
Silvers -
1st Phil Harding (Avon Angling) peg 22, 45lb 6oz. 
   
 
 
 

 
       

No comments:

Post a Comment