Sunday 1 June 2014

Acorn Individual League Final Round.




All to play for today as the league was very close with those who had a bad start creeping up the leader board after dropping there worst result.
 
After a nice breakfast at the on site cafĂ© it was time for the draw and after Tuesdays match I was hoping to draw peg 40 again as I felt confident of catching well off of it shallow towards the bridge, As I picked out my peg I gave it a little rub praying it was my wanted number and low and behold it was" GOD is Certainly on my side at the moment! (Or so I thought).
When I arrived I decided to trim some vegetation from the inside bank towards the next pallet but disaster one happened and I didn't realise the bank sloped off and ended up to my knees in water! Owe well at least I new the depth without having to plum up hey".
All I set up today was two rigs to fish at different depths along the bridge being a 4x10 Chanti and a preston PB1 if they on a long line for swinging both on 0.13-0.11 and an 18 wide gape pellet hook. The same rigs could be used tight to my inside bank where I planned to feed caster and fish worm over the top later in the day, And another rig to fish tight to the bank at 14mts around 6mts away from the bridge which happened to be a swim I trimmed out on Tuesday but didn't need to use although Bob Gullick did say I wouldn't need it as I would sack up from next to the bridge??.
 Nick Harvey, Myself, And Mark Broomsgrove on my bridge peg.
At the all in I cupped a palmfull of micro pellet and hemp across to the 14mt line tight to the bank and began in the middle of the bridge around 18inches deep with a banded 6mm pellet on the hook feeding the same, After 15 bite less mins I soon switched to the swinging rig to the far end of the bridge but again it failed to produce but I wasn't to worried as I didn't catch near the bridge to start with on Tuesday. I decided to try my 14mt line with corn on the hook to start as by now Andy France on peg 38 had 3 better fish from his similar line already, 
 Andy France.
   I soon switched to a 4mm expander pellet which gave me 2 carp of 2lb a piece before it slowed up and I re-fed the same before switching back to the bridge, By now we were 90mins into the match and I fully expected to be catching beside the bridge but after a chub, roach and an F1 it was telling me thing weren't the same as the last match and Ken Rayner on the opposite side of the bridge peg 6 was also struggling. I felt I was already falling behind as I could see others in my section had caught fish already so decided to go back on the 14mt line on the expander but cupping in a cadpot full of dampened micro and hemp over the top, This seemed to work and I had 5 better fish to 6lb on the trot before they wised up and I re-fed a larger amount and left it to settle again.
Back to the bridge and I couldn't believe I still couldn't muster a bite at any depth (How things can change in a few days").
Back to the long line rig near the end off the bridge also was a waste of time and I was beginning to wish I had another line trimmed across to my left at 16mts so I could drop in there when the 14mt line slowed but it wasn't to be and I had to make the most of the 14mt line as much as I could for the remainder of the match as my bridge swims gave me one carp all day" and I never had a bite down the edge where I had fed heavy with caster all day! At the all out I didn't have clue what weight I had but thought I might have around 45lb as I don't use a clicker or count my fish as I'd rather be thinking about catching my next one' Mark Broomsgrove on fancied peg 7 after its won two rounds of this series including the last match set the ball rolling with 64lb and after a 50lb and some high 40lbs I was hoping I had more than I thought to get good points and after two weighs I was pleased to end the match with 60lb meaning I finished second in the section behind Mark. My points results for the series read 10,9,9,9,7. and with my worst result 5 being dropped.

Back to the results and the man of the moment young Louis Jones over on peg 17 catch tight to the far bank between the bulrushes with paste on the hook to take the top weight of the series with 100lb picking up an extra £50.
 Winner Louis Jones.
 
It was still going to be close with the overall standings and after a good bit of working out and a well run series by Paul Faires & Chris Fox the final results showed that Mark Broomsgrove had taken the series with a total of 45pts (Although Mark Bartlett stood in for him on the first match and won his section with the points counting for mark!???) Shame Des Shipp was busy today or he could of fished my last match". Anyway 2nd spot went the way of Tom Thick and Myself on 44pts  although tom took it on weight advantage meaning I finished 3rd overall picking up £150 along with £40 for 2nd in the section on the day and another £40 cut from the knock-out which tom won and we agreed to do a 60/40 split on so a nice days result and a great end to the series, Bit disappointed to lose a couple of fish today which meant I lost the series by 4lb" but that's fishing and I will do it again next year if on again.
 Overall winner Mark Broomsgrove.
 Knock-Out Winner Tom Thick.
 Part Of my catch.
 
 
 
 
Full results on day -
1st Louis Jones (Sensas Thyers) peg 17, 100lb 9oz.
2nd Andy France (Cadbury Angling) peg 38, 80lb.
3rd Tom Thick (Thathers Tackle) peg 2, 77lb 10oz.
4th Bob Gullick (Blackmore Vale) 68lb 15oz.
Silvers -
Dave Wride  (Sensas Thyers) peg 16lb 6oz.
 
Overall league Results -
1st Mark Broomsgrove 45pts.
2nd Tom Thick 44pts (Weight)
3rd Dom Sullivan 44pts .
4th Louis Jones 43pts (weight)
5th Glen Calvert 43pts.
6th Pete Bartlett 42pts.
7th Andy France 41pts (weight)
8th Bob Gullick 41pts.
 Silvers -
1st Paul Faires 49pts.
2nd Charlie Barns 48pts. 
 Charlie with his envelope"
 
    
   
    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment