Sunday 8 June 2014

Summerhayes Open.

A trip back to Summerhayes today  and with 25 fishing the match was spread over Sellicks and lily pool, I've only ever been on lily pool once so was hoping for a draw on Sellicks, Draw time was soon upon us and after drawing Sellicks peg 5 it wasn't an area I wanted as its the furthest distance peg on the lake to the far bank around 16mts plus and with the wind picking up I new it was going to be hard to present it properly and on plumming up I had 5ft of water as tight as I could reach to the far bank which I thought would spell trouble as far as foul hookers went so had a rig to fish up in the water should the need arise. Not going to explain the rest of the day as after 90mins my no.4 section had rolled of the platform I was perched on and with my spare being at home meant I was limited  to my top 3 only! I did have a carp of 4lb down the edge and a 1lb plus skimmer just past my keepnets but with a big black cloud on the horizon I chose to count my losses and call it a day before I got soaked, Pete has a lad who is going to have a look for it in the week and I hope he has the pleasure of finding it for me as I offered him a reward should he be lucky enough to retrieve it for me. A bad weekend for myself as I was meant to take a trip to Hillview yesterday but changed my mind as the forcast wasn't good in the area and I didn't fancy risking being lit up like an Christmas tree by the lightening whilst holding the pole"

Sometimes its best to have a weekend off now and again and something was telling me it should of been today" So by 13.30  I was packed up and back in the car to pick the wife up before heading to the pub for a couple of pints, I heard Tom Magnel won the match off peg 14 with 82lb after taking a trip to Viaduct and not drawing well so decided to grab a late draw here which worked out for him today.          

No comments:

Post a Comment