Saturday 28 June 2014

Clevedon A.A Sat Open Acorn Lakes.

Back to Acorn and there cost cutter match on Paddock lake and with a club match over half of the lake we were limited to the pegs left on the day, It seemed a bridge pegs or the higher numbers would me more in are favour but for my draw I had the opposite and ended up on peg 24, Not the best part of the lake but never the less I was going to try my best to make the frame as there was only first and second to pick any coin up today, After arriving at my peg I chose to go and trim two swims as far to the far bank across and after pluming up I had around 18inches of water as tight over as I could get.
The usual 4x10 Chanti  was assembled on 0.15- 0.13 and an 18 PR478 to fish soft 4mm expanders over loose fed micro and hemp, I set two rigs up in the water to fish anything from 10inches to 2ft and a positive rig on 0.17 direct to an 14 478 for my inside swim at the bottom of the near shelf in 3ft of water where I planed to fish worm over groundbait at 9mts, for company today I had Brian Hanley on peg 22 next to the bridge who I had a £1 side bet with just to keep an interest on the day.
 Brian.

At the all in I cupped a palmful of hemp and micro on my far line to my left and began by fishing to my right cad potting the same via a cad pot over a 4mm expander on the hook, The first 30mins gave me five fish for around 14lb but bites already began to get iffy, I had to work out if it was best to feed after every fish or each put-in, But the next 30mins saw me lose 3 foul hookers and have lots of funny bites? I decided to re-plum my swim with just an AA shot on the hook as was amazed to find I was now 3inches of the bottom" The feeding fish must have bored out the bottom because when I reset the depth every bite saw me hook fish cleanly in the top lip! It wasn't fast but I was putting fish in the net and despite trying my shallow rig down the track where I had been feeding 4mm hard pellet by hand the only place I could catch was tight over so I stuck at it pinching the odd fish from each line all on 4mm expander as when I tried hard pellet on the hook I never had a touch" I had an enjoyable days fishing and used it to learn a few things which I felt I did ending the day with a total of 96lb,
part of my catch,
 
First on the day went to lee Pesticcio from peg 32 ending up with 131lb of of peg 32 catching on maggot with his travelling partner Chris Cameron ending up 2nd on the day with 130lb, Brian ended up 3rd with 128lb meaning one fish between them could of made all the diffence, A nice close knock-up for a change and after a chat with lee & Chris afterwards they are keen for there next visit.
 part of lee's winning catch.

 Full Results-
 1st Lee Pesticcio (Mosella) peg 32, 131lb 12oz.
2nd Chris Cameron (Middy/Old Goast) peg 36, 130lb 6oz.
3rd Brian Hadley (Acorn) peg 22, 128lb 8oz.
4th Gabrial Skarba (un-attached) peg 39, 110lb 14oz.
5th Dom Sullivan (Maver/Cadbury Angling) peg 24, 96lb 6oz.
  
          

No comments:

Post a Comment