Sunday 27 July 2014

Acorn Afternoon Series round 2 Saturday.

Two matches two update on this weekend the first being round 2 of 3 for the afternoon match, 13 fishing today and with some pegs left to the availability of pleasure anglers we were spread from pegs 6 right around to peg 32, With the aerators being left on due to the hot weather we had to leave a gap between peg 8 and 12 as we weren't carrying stick floats' So if I had the choice peg 12 would be my choice being on the end of the lake with the slight breeze in that direction.

It wasn't to be and I ended up on next peg 14 with Lewis Jones drawing peg 12 I had him down as the winner as he does well on these type of snake lakes though I cant believe he was moaning about drawing it!. on my left I had Simon Price on 16 so at least we all had some room.

I choice to go and trim a couple of gaps over tight to the far bank which took a while thought looked nice when I returned to my peg'.
 This is where I planed to start the match in around two feet of water one line with micro and expander to start and the other with groundbait and bunches of dead maggot, the only other line I made up was a rig to fish in about a 18inches of water tight to my inside bank,
 I was going to cup some groundbait in here right from the start and feed hard 4mm pellet over the top by hand, Starting the match tight over It took me 30mins before I had a carp thought by this time Lewis had already put 7" in the net also fishing across to the far bank,
I decided to cup a large cup of groundbait over and switch to fishing a whole worm on the hook as I was getting pestered with small fish when trying maggot. this did work as I had two fish then I had to re-feed the same to draw then back again, The problem here was I new I wouldn't have enough groundbait to continue doing it for the rest of the match" I could see pegs 6 and eight were catching as well as Lewis getting a fish every put-in I had to change tactics so switched to fishing shallow across with hard 6mm pellet on the hook feeding 4mm over the top, Again I had a couple then nothing so had to rely on my inside swim if I was going to catch up. First put-in down the edge with a 6mm pellet I foul hooked a fish and lost it so shallow up half depth and had a nice 5lb common straight away, This is were I decided to spend the rest of the match feeding pellet down both sides and fishing shallow over the top, I was never going to catch Lewis as he had fish all day and I had him down for over 200lb, I was a bit disappointed to finish up with 84lb odd but lost a few fish for know reason today some of which were pushing 8lb" (Bad Angling I would say to anyone else!).
A few of my fish.
As I thought Lewis had a cracking day ending up with 208lb catch nearly all his fish across to the far bank so draw moaning wasn't such a bad peg after all" Still got to catch them though.
There were a couple of good 100lb plus back up weights so all in all the fishing was very good but my draw hand could be much better"


     

       

No comments:

Post a Comment