Sunday 26 October 2014

Summerhayes Fishery Open Sellicks Lake.???

Traveling down with Nick Harvey today And after skipping the hilltops breakfast we went straight to the fishery, My main concern was on arrival Ray Cooper informed us their lot had a club match on Sellicks today So after running it through with Pete the owner he Double checked to realise he had indeed double booked the lake! Change of plan then" So the match was switched to Longs Lake, I did get chance to mix up a little groundbait before the start so borrowed Nicks drill to make the task easier"
 
  I was hoping for a peg where I could reach the far bank as I had plenty of casters left over from yesterday along with what Darren didn't use so planed to give it some across to the far bank in the hope to catch carp shallow, I ended up on peg 17 below the motorway for those who know the place, And I couldn't of ask for a further swim to the far bank if I'd tried' Ramming the mini extension up the ass end of the 16mt section just to get close to the bank! (A good day ahead then??)

I did manage to find what I thought was a clean bottom close to the far bank in 2ft or so of water so had a 0.3g (Spring Eye) float made up on 0.13-0.11 and an 18 808 hook, A 3x8 Chanti on the same line - hook, to fish up in the water towards the far bank, I new with the wind coming at me slightly it was going to difficult from the off so the only other option I had today was two silvers lines both at 11mts left and right in 4ft of water where I could feed it differently, and a 3mt line where I could loose feed casters by hand.

At the all in I cupped two small balls of groundbait & micro pellet at 11mts to my right & 4 balls of groundbait containing worm and casters the same distance to my left, I fed some chopped worm & caster over to the island at 16 plus plus plus' MTS" and began wrapped around the pole with half a worm on the hook (No Messing"). After a couple of minutes lifting and dropping I lifted into what I thought was a fish only to find myself snagged totally to the far bank" OWE HELL".., I was praying my hooklenght would break but must of hooked up to it further up the line coz I lost the lot! Bollocks..! Sorted, A day on the silvers it was then!  To be honest I was wasting my time as every time I went to pick the catty up to feed casters over the top the wind blew up and I had no chance of feeding properly.

Back to plan-B then and sooner than I would of liked I started at 11mts to my right with a 4mm expander on the hook all I caught tiny skimmers and roach, It made no difference switching baits but I kept at it hoping for some bigger skimmers to show, That didn't happen until after 2 hours when I had a 1lb fish' but from what I could see even those fishing for the carp were struggling, I would like to say my match got better after the first skimmer but it wasn't to be I had 4 more for the rest of the match all taken on a different hookbait! along with 2lb of bits" to end the day with 7lb odd of silvers and 6 carp for 20lb odd, Silvers wise it was hard for most with Steve Jackson Taking the top weight with 11lb including two fantail's" for around 4lb which are included as silvers at this fishery but would of been no good yesterday' lol.

Top weight on the day went to Giles Cochrane on fancied end peg 36 near the hut ending the day with a great 90lb odd, mainly catching shallow with caster on the hook over to the far bank although the bulk of his catch was taken in the last couple of hours,
 Winner Giles Cochrane.
 
A bit disappointed to struggle as much as I did today but I tried just about every trick in the book but they didn't want to know, it turned out my final weight beat all the pegs around the area I was in so there wasn't much feeding for most, back to viaduct next weekend on both days by the look of it as I've put my name forward for the Clic Sargent Charity Match next Saturday ahead of Sundays individual league,

Full results -

 1st Giles Cochrane (Mosella) peg 36, 91lb.

2nd Lewis Jones (Drennan Thyers) peg 1, 42lb 11oz.

3rd Lee (Peanut) (Mosella) peg 25, 41lb 7oz.

4th Steve Jackson (Garbalino) peg 11, 34lb 2oz. 

5th Bill Hopping (Summerhayes) peg 30, 25lb 3oz.

Silvers -

1st Steve Jackson 11lb 7oz.

2nd Charlie Barns 10lb 14oz.

 

 

      

       

No comments:

Post a Comment