Sunday 12 October 2014

Summerhayes Open Sellicks Lake.

After Leaving it to the last minute this week to decided where to go I didn't have much choice left so after managing to get in summerhayes for the late draw the weather was still on are side although it had gone a lot cooler over night which I felt would make a difference to the weights today. I wasn't disappointed to find myself on peg 12 at the bottom end of the lake and although peg 11 was in I still had a nice margin to my right as well as being able to get tight to the far bank at 14mts where I would start the match,
 
 
Rig wise I set up a 4x10 chanti on 0.13-0.10 and an 18 808 to fish over in close to 3ft of water , Another 4x12 Chanti on the same line with an 18 PR478 hook to fish meat at 6mts in 4ft of water and the same rig could be used to fish down to my right away from the bank in the deeper water where I expected the fish to be happier to feed, (The clear bit that can be seen in the photo). my last rig was one of the drennan 0.2g clear dibber on a long line for swinging if they came shallow.
 
At the all in I cupped a palmful of meat & Hemp onto the 6mt line in the open water off to my right and started across with a 4mm expander on the hook, feeding a few hard 4mm and some micro pellet via a cadpot, I fully expected some indications right away but after swapping around between baits it took me 45mins for my first fish being a 3lb carp on half a worm, Just one more carp across in the next hour on corn told me things were going to be hard" I had already had two short looks on my inside & 6mt line without any signs and looking around those I could see were also struggling except for Tom Magnel around on peg 17 having a few fish early.
 
The middle part of the match was hard and in a couple of hours all I had was a small tench and a skimmer at the bottom of the far shelf on 4mm expander and a bigger skimmer tight over again on corn, I couldn't get a sign in the deeper water towards the bank where I had been feeding a few 6mm hard pellets by hand all day so with 90mins to go I re-plummed a swim tighter to the bank in about 2 and a half feet of water and after 10mins of lifting and dropping a 6mm cube of meat over meat and hemp fed again via a toss pot I had a carp of 4lb but again no bites saw me try the 6mt line with two 6mm cubes on the hook where I had been feeding a few cubes by hand, a 3lb fish first dob in had me all excited but it was short lived as again I couldn't seem to get more than a bite off each line? In the last 40mins I had two more carp off the open water 6mt line and another carp on the new swim close to the bank again on double meat but from what I could see the lake had fished hard which was certainly due to the cooler nights, When the scales got to me Jim Jenner was toping the weights with 29lb odd, and my 2lb odd of silvers added to my carp weight gave me a total of 26lb, further around Tom & Colin Wilkins both weighed 33lb before Aide bishop went on to take the top weight of the day with 44lb odd catching most of his fish late with pinkee on the hook.
 Winner Aide Bishop.
Yet again although the lake hadn't fished as well off late it was a nice close match with a couple of fish making the difference and two more to me would off been nice' but I only missed one bite all day and didn't lose anything so I couldn't of tried much harder. Back to viaduct for Rd2 of the silvers league next Sunday but the long range forecast doesn't look promising.
Full results -
1st Aide Bishop (Summerhayes) peg 21, 44lb 11oz.
Jnt 2nd Tom Magnel (Mozella) peg 17, 33lb 1oz.
Jnt 2nd Colin Wilkins (Summerhayes) peg 14, 33lb 1oz.
3rd Charlie Barns (Over 50's) peg 23, 32lb 8oz.
4th Jim Jenner (Sedges) peg 4, 29lb 4oz
5th Dom Sullivan (Maver/Cadbury Angling) peg 12, 26lb 15oz.
Silvers -
Alan J. (Summerhayes) peg 19, 7lb 6oz.
   
     
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment