Thursday 5 March 2015

Viaduct Fishery Thursday Cost Cutter.

A Sharp over night frost greeted the 19 of us booked in today so I wasn't expecting the world to be set alight with big weights and the main objective of my visit was to hope and draw an area where the fish are balled up and try to qualify for the all winners final later in the year. I was in a bit of a rush this morning, forgetting the camera & leaving myself short of time for a breakfast but I'm sure I would make it through the day' The match was to be split over Cambell & Cary lakes and I fancied a draw on Cary as the fish being somewhat bigger you don't need many for a weight but found myself on the first peg above the spit peg 128 Cambell, This area can be a bit hit and miss at this time of the year and last weekend in the league the fish were sat a few pegs further up and the same on the opposite bank but they do move about so you never know.

Quite simple today a bomb rod to fish hair-rigged baits a loaded waggler on 4lb main line and 0.13 bottom again with a hair-rig and a pole rig on 015-0.13 and a 16 PR434 hook to fish along the spit in just over 3ft of water using the same rig to fish towards the empty pallet on my left, Starting on the bomb with meat it was a slow start for most, I tried the waggler over the same area without a sign and we were 90mins in before I had a 4lb fish on the bomb and punched meat, it was a flash in the pan though as nothing followed, The pole lines failed to produce a sniff so I spent most of the match searching around for any indications between the waggler and the bomb with various baits, It looked as if we were all in the same boat as the two guys opposite hadn't caught a carp and apart from Alan Oram on peg 125 who was catching well towards the end of the match I had only seen odd fish caught. I did get a couple more late carp of similar size on the bomb and an f1 and did manage to get a fish on the pole line at the end of the spit on double 6mm meat, An 8oz perch!". That was as good as my day went and I even chose to throw my fish back and not weigh as I'm sure Cary lake had thrown up a couple of munters' Alan had a great last hour catching on the waggler and corn to finish with 97lb odd and chatting to him afterwards he said he had a right ball of fish in-front of him by the end of the match, they had obviously found an area they wanted to sit in after the hard frost but you just got to be fortunate enough to make the most of them when you do' you still have to catch them though so well done to him as the rest of my lake seemed to have struggled, The next best weight on the day was from peg 96 Cary with 48lb and the top silvers also came from this lake with 15lb odd, I missed getting the full result sheet sorry'. Back to Viaduct for the final round of the league Sunday so lets see how Spring lake goes".        

No comments:

Post a Comment