Wednesday 30 March 2016

Acorn Fishery (Monday & Tuesday).

Sorry for the late delay on these blogs as after four days fishing & one day on the sauce" I was totally shattered. First up was an open match at the fishery on bank holiday Monday run by Clevedon A.A, I picked up Lewis Jones on route before stopping off at the tasty burger van in Clevedon for a bite to eat before arriving at the fishery, It was quite windy when we arrived but thankfully most of the swims weren't to badly effected as it was blowing across the fishery, Not a bad turn-out as their were 16 fishing but in some areas it fished very hard in the over 50's match on Sunday so hopefully I could avoid them? Into the draw & I found myself on peg 19 which is a few pegs down from the bridge are side of the lake, It turned out Mike Chapman had struggled for just a few fish off of peg 18 the day before & called it a day early as did some others in the area so it wasn't really what I wanted to here'.

It was only around 13mts to the far bank but opted for a swim a couple of feet off in the deeper water around 3ft where I set up a 0.2g AS1 on 0.13-0.11 & an 18 808 hook, A 4x12 Chanti on the same line to fish next to the aerator down the track in nearly 5ft of water
& finally a 4x12 Chanti on 0.14-0.12 to fish in nearly 3ft of water infront the empty pallet a metre out.
for company I had Rich Lovering Above me this side of the bridge & Gabriel Skarba the other side with Mike Owens a couple of pegs up from him all on his todd"
Only a peg away from where I was last Tuesday so fancied he would catch a few as for the noted pegs in the lower numbers.

I started the day feeding a few 4mm hard pellets down the track & down towards the pallet before starting across with a 4mm expander on the hook feeding just a few micros via a toss pot to start with, I had four early fish but unfortunately only totalled about 1lb", After that I couldn't get a bite so it was time to start another line across further along the bank, One more hand size carp was all I could muster so it was time to try my other lines. Nothing! now I had to get my thinking cap on as I just couldn't catch, Rich had netted a couple of carp fishing tight over in a gap with bread so out came my dobbing rig, I Dobbed" up & down for 20mins but still nothing & was going nowhere, Mike Had been catching from the off as were the pegs on the island but apart from one carp of 3lb in the deeper water where I started the day after 2hrs I just couldn't see how I could catch what didn't seem to be there", Rich & Gabo were both struggling & after a couple of early carp on the method from the guy below me apart from Mike Are bank seemed very poor. I went up to see him catching & he wasn't doing anything different from the rest of us so went back for another go.

As soon as I started back across I had 2 more carp in two put-in's but that was short lived as nothing followed, I spent the rest of the match trying my other lines & starting a few more, I managed one good F1 down the track on corn a few bits on maggot over & added 4 more carp before I called it a day about 15mins from the end as even if I did add few more I was never going to catch up with what I had seen. A disappointing day yet again & just for a change I seemed to have drawn an area nobody really wanted, Know wonder they call it cyanide straight", Hey Ho..

Some did enjoy a good days fishing & Mike did manage to come out best with a good 94lb odd catching the bulk of his fish in the deeper water across on expanders then down to the empty pallet in the last hour so well done mate,
 Winner Mike Owens.

Lewis had a much better day off of one of the island swims (peg 5) ending the day with 75lb odd to finish in the frame so at least we could talk about how he caught on the way home'.

Full Results -

1st Mike Owens (Sensas Thyers) peg 24, 94lb 8oz.

2nd Bob Gullick (B.V.M.G) peg 9, 84lb 2oz.

3rd Adie Baker (Clevedon A.A) peg 2, 83lb 14oz.

4th Lewis Jones (Drennan S.W) peg 5, 75lb 10oz.

5th Lance Tucker (Sensas Thyers) peg 6, 65lb 12oz.

6th Mark Broomsgrove (Sensas Thyers) peg 34, 56lb 8oz.

Silvers - Mark Broomsgrove,  8lb 8oz.

Tuesday Costcutter Acorn Fishery.

So back for another go as I always add a days holiday after the bank hol's so was hoping for a change of fortune after having two bad matches in as many days' a good turnout for a Tuesday with 14 fishing but the weather didn't appear to promising as their were some really heavy downpours on the way there. into the draw I my first choice would off been either the island swims or peg 9 as it had plenty of room". No, Peg 40 next to the bridge it was then, I have draw this peg in the past winning a couple of times off it in the warmer months but as my great run off draws continues it seems to be a area to avoid at moment as Paul Nichols had drawn it the day before & didn't weigh-in & nor did the pegs to his right so I wasn't two hopeful..

I used the same rigs for a cross as the day before with similar depths, Used the same rig to try near the pallet to my right & made up a deep & shallow rig to fish next to the bridge, For company I had Brian (Anteater) Slipper the other side of the bridge on peg 6 which produced a few yesterday for Lance Tucker down the edge & with him having two empty swims to his left today I fancied he would have the same result? To my right I had Dave (Dogging) Wride on peg 38, & infront of me on the island I had fellow blogger Tony Rixon & Bob Smith on pegs which had produced the day before so was going to be up against it again.

Starting the match in the deeper water across again I never had a bite after 10mins & after watch Brian hook a couple of fish tight to the bridge shallow on pellet I soon followed suit, This is were I had problems straight away as the rig was towing away from the bridge the minute the rig settled so that was never going to work for me' I tried the deck rig but still know response so back to trying to catch else where.

I had a nice depth across tight to the vegetation around 2ft or so but despite feeding a couple of lines with fragile amounts' after 90mins I still hadn't had a bite". Brian had netted a couple of fish as had the guy on my choice peg 9 & Tony on the island. I wanted to just pack up & go but I couldn't live with myself if I had said I had blanked off it" so it was time to try something different. I got another rig out on a longer line set it around 18inches deep & put all the shot under the float baiting up with a 4mm expander I went slightly further along the bank swinging the rig to land a couple of feet off the vegetation. I couldn't believe it when it went under & I hooked & puled out of a carp straight away as my elastic was to heavy so soon switched to lighter elastic. back out & in the next 10mins I added 3 small carp, a 3lb fish & a decent F1 before it tailed off, I went slightly further along but nothing was added so began to ping the odd hard 4mm pellet over towards the far side of the bridge in the hope of drawing a few fish that maybe under the bridge? I tried my all my other lines but still couldn't get a response so my day was looking bleak again". I did manage to hook one decent carp from the far side of the bridge where I had been pinging" which shed the hook near the net' & that was it. I did manage a two more carp on the swinging" rig & some smaller samples but was going nowhere. Dave had managed just a few smaller carp down his edge & had the same idea as me when I decided to call it a day with an hour to go as their were some black clouds on the horizon & didn't fancy getting a soaking to make the day any worse.  I had Totally had enough as I was packing-up as that's three days in a row I've struggled just to catch anything & this go's with a long run of continually seeming to draw areas where me & others have failed to have a decent days fishing, Ok I have managed to draw a couple of fancied areas in the last month but on average for the amount of matches I've fished it just doesn't seem to be happening for me & I'm seriously considering sticking the lot away & forgetting about it. I've spent nearly a hundred quid in the last few days with bait, pools, food ect & when you don't have chance to get any return its becoming to be pointless. I'm going to give it a few more matches & see how things go. Its not just all about winning or picking up its more about having a days fishing' which more often than not isn't happening at the moment, Perhaps my choice of venues over the last couple of days haven't been the best as both have suffered from silver fish losses over the last year which limits what you can now target & I'm sure it leaves the carp reluctant to feed properly until we have packed up & gone". I have Fisho Mania Matches next week at woodlands view before heading back to viaduct fishery for another go so really hope I can be in an area with some chance of competing. Off to Viaduct Saturday with Lewis for their open match so hoping to draw the right lake for starters".

                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment