Thursday 27 October 2016

Viaduct Fishery (Thursday Costcutter) Cary & Cambell Lakes.

With the chance of another Thursday off I wasn't going to waste it so grabbed a bacon roll on route arriving in plenty of time to stick my name down before draw time, As I've said before being a cost cutter & only £5 of the entry going in the pools these matches aren't about the money more of a days fishing in what is usually a good turnout, Today was no exception with over thirty fishing I fancied a day on Cary again today & after letting a few jump in I ended up on peg 105 which happens to be the first peg up the causeway today backing onto lodge lake, I had a but of a swap around with Colin Dyer again today as we were on these pegs in the silvers final but the other way around" We are never far apart'. He struggled that day with around 7lb here & with the lake being shallower at this end I didn't rate it to catch many of the lakes bigger bream which seem to like the late 90's' a simple four rigs today, A 0.3g pencil to fish at 14mts on 0.13-0.09 & an 18 Guru F1 Maggot hook, A 0.2g pencil to fish at just over 13mts off to my right on the same line with a 20 F1 maggot hook, A 4x10 chanti to fish on my top 2 + 2 on 0.11-0.08 & an 18 PR412 hook & finally another 4x10 chanti on a long line on my topkit to fish the inside margins in the hope of some bonus perch or hybrids?

I started the day feeding 4 balls at 4mts with some micro's added, fed 3 balls at 13mts with some casters & dead reds added & just loose fed some casters on the shorter lines by hand, After 5mins of cupping in bait having to break down the pole each time I expected to get a few indications on the 2 + 2 line with caster on the hook after dripping a few in from the off, Nope" in the first 20mins I had one bite & one small roach' I had a try down both insides on the long line rig but never had a sniff so it was time to try the long lines a bit before I really wanted to but I had to try & catch something as Kev over on peg 78 next to the tree seemed to already putting a few silvers in the net, I started on the 13mt line with maggot but only had two small roach in ten minutes so it was out to the 14mt line with expander on the hook, I had a skimmer straight away but only about 8oz, The next 20mintues produced 2 more but they were slightly smaller, I topped it up again & tried caster on the hook back at 13mts.

I had a skimmer around a 1lb straight away fully expecting a few more fish to follow but it didn't happen so stuck another ball on this line, back on the 2+2 but still nothing here so back on the pellet at 14mts, I was catching the odd skimmer between 6-12oz but had to wait a while for any indications, We were now a couple of hours into the match & I thought I had about 4-5lb, Just as I happened to see Kev netting a 3lb plus bream" he was well ahead at this stage & I had to do something if I was going to stand a chance of catching him up although I didn't know what silvers were being caught on cambell, It was awkward trying to fish at 14mts with soft pellet as I had to break down each time but it was one of the only places I could see at the start but now the sun had moved around & clouded over so decided to feed another G/bait - micro line at 11mts where I could ship to in one go. I tried the 13mt line again where I seemed to catch one or two fish to 10oz then nothing, I managed a near 2lb fish on the 14mt line but it appeared to be the rouge one as I didn't have a sign after.

After leaving the new line for about 30 minutes it was time to see if it would produce, I did have a few more skimmers but the problem was nothing was bigger than 6oz' but it was easier to fish for sure, I kept topping up the long line with small amounts as it seemed to produce the odd better skimmer to 12oz but I had to really wait for bites, The 13mts line again just produced a couple of 8oz fish so it seemed best to fish out the new line catching what I could until nothing happened then adding another small ball, This is how I spend the rest of the match really, trying the long lines for the odd slightly better stamp fish before catching what I could at 11mts, I did try my inside lines again & the only one to produce was on my left hand edge but it was only small roach so didn't waste much time here, I did manage a near 2lb fish off the 11mt line & a couple of 12oz to 1lb off both lone lines before the end of the day but to be honest the last hour was quite slow when again I expected it to get better, Kev's match had also slowed in the last couple of hours but I felt although I started to catch up I hadn't quite catch well enough later in the day. I was first to weigh & put just over 22lb on the scales, I even had to give Ziggy a pound of his back today as he managed to beat me by 7oz" from peg 94, Back at the results & kev had finished up with 25lb odd so I was right their but not far away but top silvers went to Steve Jackson over on Cambell end peg 123 with 27lb odd catching Seven Tench & some bigger skimmers. Winner on the day went to Jim Butcher on peg 102 taking 176lb mainly on the waggler & pellet at depth. I managed to pick up 5th in the silvers pool' Lol getting £10 back so didn't have a dear day out, Was quite pleased to what I ended up with & should I end up here in the next round of the silvers  league this Sunday I don't think I would do much different, back here again on Saturday For the open on Cambell & cary again but as normal will decide what to target once I've drawn.

Full Results

1st Jim Butcher (Wiltshire Angling) peg 102 Cary, 176lb 2oz.

2nd Dave Romain (Bait-Tech Viaduct) peg 126 Cambell, 168lb 12oz.

3rd Terry Gilbert (Thatchers Tackle) peg 128, 122lb 5oz.

4th Tony Williams (Drennan Thyers) peg 78 Cary, 112lb 15oz.

5th Roy Worth (Bait-tech Viaduct) peg 99 Cary, 110lb 8oz.

6th Steve Shaw (Mosella) peg 130 Cambell, 101lb 6oz.

Silvers -

1st Steve Jackson ( Garbolino) peg 123 Cambell, 27lb 13oz.

2nd Bobby Gullick (Mosella) peg 127 Cambell, 26lb 9oz. 
 
           

No comments:

Post a Comment