Sunday 30 October 2016

Viaduct Fishery Silvers League Rd 3, Cambell, Cary & Lodge Lakes.

The Wife kindly was on hand to do a couple of bacon sarnies before I left today now Hilltops has closed & Nowhere on route as such to get breakfast now, Bless her, As always I was one of the early birds & condition wise not much had changed overnight with no wind & warm temperatures but I thought after yesterday things could be quite hard in places. I was chatting to Paul Faires in the draw queue & we were taking of where we fancied drawing as you do, We were saying peg 123 on Cambell had to be on the short list with its resent tench form among others, Are Turn came to draw & I was joking to Paul how grab a good un' He said to do it to his hands & low & behold he promptly pulled 123" I wasn't as fortunate as I ended up nearly opposite where I was yesterday on Cambell 116, & after yesterdays results I expected things to be quite hard?

For company I had that man again Nick Ewers on peg 118 but couldn't see him due to the tree but he wasn't in my section, & Roland Lucas on peg 115, Below him was Gary Webber, & on the end peg of are section guess who'? Des Shipp! who was standing in for Matt Tomes today, Just my luck he had to be in my section let alone the end peg' He wasn't going to have it easy though as he was going to have problems with the fallen leaves, I got to my peg which is set back quite some distance from peg 115 as you can see by Roland stood on his pallet,
 
I had a decent bit of water to work with so again planned a few long lines,
 
Without going into all the fine details the rigs were the same as I used yesterday with the exception of a 4x10 chanti to fish on a long line down under the tree, I plumed up a swim at 14mts in the middle shadow of the tree & two lines at 13mts either side in the shadow of the lighter water & a line at 10mts just off to my right.
I started the day feeding four balls at 14mts with casters & a few dead reds, fed a ball of casters & pinkees at 13mts left & some wetter mix with chopped worm & just a pinch of casters 13mts to the right, I had fed a few casters on the 10mt line to start with so began the day here, It wasn't a good start as the first 30mins produced just two small roach, Nigel hadn't had anything & from what I could see things were already looking like things could be hard, out onto the long lines starting with maggot on the hook just gave me another two blip roach' I switched to fishing caster on the hook which gave me a skimmer of 8oz out of the blue but I could hardly get an indication anywhere I was just thinking of starting a new line & looked at my watch when I had a proper bite on the positive long line which turned out to be a 2lb plus skimmer on single caster'  by now it was 12.15 so after this fish I expected a few more over the next few hours or so, Nothing followed so back to the 13mts lines, The left hand side just didn't produce for some reason but the right hand side started to show signs of fish.
I switched to fishing a small piece of worm on the hook as getting through the tiny roach was causing havoc. I saw a few bubbles on the 10mt line so dropped in again with maggot on the hook,  I gave it a few minutes & was just about to switch when the float slid away & I had another  decent flying" skimmer, Roland was still yet to catch so it proved just how hard things were, I new every fish would be vital but not expecting another bite on the 10mts line had me surprised when a few minutes later I had another big skimmer/bream which managed to say good bye as I reached for the net" Not what I wanted!. I gave it another 5mins before topping it up going back to the long lines, I had another 1lb skimmer on the worm at 13mts right on a segment of worm the 15mins later had another 2lb plus fish on the maggot off the 14mt line, Owner Steve came around with just over a couple of hours to go & I thought I had around 7lb which so say was good in the section at this stage, The next hour saw me add a couple of smaller skimmer at 14mts before I took another decent fish back on the 10mt line but again as I expected things didn't get better & going into the last hour I was struggling to find fish off either line. I hooked another decent fish at 14mts which again shed the hook" before hooking another at 13mts on the worm & managed to lose that half way back.." frustrating when you know they could make a big difference at the end of the day, Roland had had a real struggle  with just two smaller skimmers & some blip roach before he hooked something decent with less than an hour to go which although we thought was a carp turned out to be a very nice Tench" I really tried to add a couple more big skimmers or even a  Tench on the shorter line but it didn't happen, I managed one more off the 13m line but pricked' another decent fish moments later, All I managed in the last hour was another near 1lb fish so it proved to be a hard day after all.
Roland didn't take anymore tench & Nicky the other side of me had said he had struggled, I was first to weigh in are section finishing the day with 11lb 11oz, Roland ended up with 6lb as did Gary Webber, their were a couple of 10lb weights before we got to Des who after his slow start managed to finish with 18lb to win the section, Still a good result for me points wise finishing 2nd in the section to keep me up the top with Bobby Gullick & now Matt Tomes after having Des as his stand in' picking up another £25 for the weekend. Only half way threw so a long way to go & things are going to get harder in some areas, The match was won by good friend Gabriel Skarba from fancied peg 68 on lodge lake with 42lb of skimmers, catching first off on expanders then on worm & pinkee over G/Bait so well done to him.
Winner Gabo (Right) & Runner-up Chris Davis.
 
Back in two weeks for round four but a change of scenery next Sunday having already put myself down for an open at Shiplate farm.
full result -
1st Gabriel Skarba (Mosella) peg 68 Lodge Lake, 42lb 10oz.
2nd Chris Davis (Frampton Cotterill) peg 102 Cary, 27lb 9oz.
3rd Tim Clark (Avon Angling) peg 77 Cary, 25lb 14oz.
4th Phil Harding (Avon Angling) peg 100 Cary, 23lb 5oz.
5th Tony Rixon (Mosella/Veals) peg 56 Lodge, 22lb 10oz.
6th Glen Calvert (Maver) peg 69 Lodge, 22lb 8oz.
 
 
 
            
 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment