Sunday 8 April 2018

Viaduct Fishery Cambell Lake.

A Full house today with the pegging limit to twenty of us, It had fished well on a few pegs here yesterday in the fisho Qualifier but the numbers of carp still seem to be in the pegs at the lower end of the lake so hoping to avoid the top side far end after drawing here last time when it was a struggle for all of us, Into the draw & no such luck' I drew peg 125 next to where I was last time I was on here". A few Carp had been coming from peg 127 down of late but I couldn't see us beating the dominant pegs on the opposite side so already had my mind set to try for silvers again".

Like a magnet I drew next to Phil Hardwick again on peg 127 who would go all out for carp & Roland Lucas the other side of me on peg 126, I planned on two lines one at 13mts & won at 11mts slightly left so set up two rigs, A 4x14 wire wonder & a 0.2g pencil on 0.13-0.10 with 18 & 16 F1 pellet hooks. I did get the bomb & waggler rods out just to have a look for carp if need be, I got a pint of casters before the start which I planned to feed short.

At the start I fed two balls of G/Bait with micro & 4mms added at 13mts & some loose micros at 11mts, I started short on caster over casters but one roach in 5mins this was soon scraped. I had a quick look on the bomb with pellet but not so much as a liner, I could see Team mate Tony Rixon Catching a few on peg 113 on the waggler so soon switched to this. I foul hooked & lost sa fish shallow but most casts the float just sat there". 45mins gone & I was onto the longer pole lines, I started to catch the odd skimmer on soft pellet but most were small & I seemed to get a few bites then they would move off or become un-settled, It was the same case when I switched to 11mts, I did try hard pellet but couldn't get a response on them. This was a gruller for me already' I could see carp being caught further down & Phil had had a couple of fish but bites for him were few & far between.

I kept swapping lines taking a couple of small skimmers off each but Roland & Nick Ewers above him were catching a few decent size 2lb skimmers but I just couldn't get any better fish, I tried maggot & casters on the hook but this didn't improve things, I struggled for most of the day taking just two better skimmers with a couple of hours to go, just as I though a few bigger skimmers had turned up the carp appeared from nowhere & suddenly started to take a bit of notice on bait going in at are end for a change', I had three carp in as many put-ins all on the lighter silvers rig & got them all in in next to no time", This basically killed my silvers lines on the long pole for the rest of the match, I landed another carp of each the long lines & pulled out of another two at the net but they weren't what I was intending to catch! I ended up fishing on my top three where I added a few more skimmers including another 2lb fish but was never going to catch Roland or Nick as they were fairing better although nick was now having carp issues, It appeared Roland had made the right choice fishing his top-kit down the edge over cloudy G/bait as he had some bream down there but still managed a few carp from there! Phil Was doing his best to slay as many carp as he couple on the wagg before the end of the day but didn't think he was going to catch the guys who were catching earlier in the day, when the scales arrived Phil was leading are bank with 115lb mostly caught in the last 90mins all on the wagg, My silvers went 20lb odd & five carp 38lb which was going to win me nowt" Roland had 33lb of silvers just beating Nick who 32lb of them, Back at the Results & the match was won By Tony Rixon from peg 113, He told me he had most of his fish on the deck with pellet but did suffer with a few foulers, His full report will be on his blog, As Far as the silvers went Paul Faires surprized us all after catching 49lb mainly down his edge on casters so well done to the pair of you. Didn't really have my head on it from the start today, Should of really switched to carp maybe when the skimmers got pushed out, After all it paid off for Phil as He finished third on the day picking up the section monies. A bit fished out again after the five days! Lol.

Full Results -

1st Tony Rixon (Mosella) peg 113, 140lb 8oz.

2nd Gary O'Shea (Bait-Tech) peg 110, 138lb 1oz.

3rd Phil Hardwick (Burt-Baits) peg 127, 115lb 8oz.

4th Adrian Bishop (Summerhayes) peg 112, 114lb 14oz.

5th Paul Blake (Viaduct) peg 128, 104lb 11oz.

6th Chris Davis (Westerleigh) peg 114, 101lb 8oz.

Silvers -

1st Paul Faires (Sensas 88) peg 116, 49lb 9oz.

2nd Roland Lucas (Wiltshire Angling) peg 125, 33lb 1oz.

3rd Nick Ewers (P.I.Thatchers) peg 124, 32lb 14oz.         

No comments:

Post a Comment