Tuesday 3 April 2018

Viaduct Open (Cary & Lodge Lakes).

Twenty odd fishing today so both lakes being used, I found myself near the front of the draw queue again, I had to think when drawing peg 73 before realising I was on Lodge Lake, The first peg on the spit between Cary & Lodge, This swim has an inviting margin to fish down under the tree for carp but I was told they have struggled for carp here the last couple of matches so would give it a miss & try for silvers again today, Leaving Nick Ewers on peg 53 Opposite me to wave the long pole to the back of the tree his side' I'm not going to rant on but the day turned into a disaster for me' I had a quick 2-3lb of good roach & hybrids down the left hand edge on caster before this dried up so went out on the lone pole with expander over a G/bait fed line & another fed with micros & hard 4mms, I started to catch the odd good skimmer on each line but after a couple of hours the breeze got up a little & I found it impossible to see my float at times! I persisted for as long as I could but with John Fudge & Fred Roberts both catching really well I was never going to match there weights & called it a day with a couple of hours to go, A frustrating day as I had to break the pole down every put-in with a bush right behind me which made things awkward but not being able to see the float most drop-ins was more painful" I had a chat with Nick before I left who had two carp & a few good silvers but then hooked another carp which was tethered to some line on the tree so left him pondering on what to do next" Lol, I also saw John before I left who was admitting to 45lb of silvers & had put a second net in so well done to him.

It turned out Carp Tamer Trig had done the business again today with 189lb odd from peg 81 along the spit on Cary & John fudge easily won the silvers from peg 56 on the lawn bank of Lodge Lake with 54lb odd so well done to the pair of um' Full Results with be on Viaducts facebook page. Totally fished out after four days on the bank which haven't turned out to be my best days but that's fishing & will be back trying again next week hopefully'     

No comments:

Post a Comment