Sunday 23 February 2014

Acorn Saturday Open

Straight to the fishery for the match today and with the resent form coming off the bridge pegs I was hoping the draw would be kind to me and when I pulled out peg 34 next to a bridge and a peg I happened to draw on my last visit I was more than happy, though this was short lived as for some reason there had to be a re-draw which ment I had perform some magic if I was going to get it again" Nope' This time I managed to draw peg 2 not were I would of chosen but it was the bonus peg so I had to bear that in mind, I planned to fish maggot over caster on the long pole down towards the next pallet in around 4ft of water and a couple of swims across towards the far bank with 4mm expanders over micro.

4x12 chantis on 0.11 - 0.10 and 18 808's were all I set up and after a pound with bend it Brian who had now draw 34" I started the match by cupping in a large pot of casters to the pallet before starting over with expander over a tiny amount of micro and 4mm hard pellet via a toss pot after 5 mins I had expected some indication but nothing happed and a switch to maggot didn't do any better so I started a new line to my right in the same depth feeding the same amounts tho there didn't seem to be anything willing to feed so I was soon making a new rig to fish down the track in 6ft of water with maggot and hard 4's fed by hand it was slow to say the least and after two hours I had managed one 1lb tench on red maggot down the track and still had no signs of fish across on any line but having found the fish do tend to switch on later in the day and with only one 10oz skimmer added to my total it didn't happen until the last 30mins then somebody flicked a switch as my lines across both started to produce fish and I ended with four carp and some crucians & skimmers for around 6lb of bits and 14lb of carp but the bridge peg 40 had won for the 3rd match in a row with Dave Smart winning the day with 33lb odd and second was Aide Baker with 31lb the other side of the bridge , Shame they didn't switch on earlier as I may have snuck it but it wasn't to be but it was still a nice day to try and work a few things out.     

No comments:

Post a Comment