Sunday 16 February 2014

Viaduct Teams Of 5 Rd 3

Traveling with team mate Don Sutherland today and a quick stop for a breky roll to have on the way to the draw at the globe were arrived with plenty of time so I made the most of it by having a good chat and catch up with Des (Smiley) Shipp and had five minutes putting the world to rights before my draw was to be decided on Cambell Lake, I don't know why but I had a good feeling I was going to land on one of the more favoured pegs and I was more than happy to find myself on 85 which had caught carp on both matches so far as well as the opens.

Knowing most of the fish come at distance from these pegs all I was going to set up was a loaded 2gram waggler to fish just on the deck with a small 20mm swivel connecting a Drennan 0.16 hook length on a size 14 hair rig and lead a tip rod with a bomb with proper line" as they go to 25lb in this lake and smallest seem to be 5lb connected with the same hook length as the waggler, Or so I thought" I had forgot to put my reels in today as well as my feeder arm so a quick scout round saw me borrow a reel with 8lb line and Dons feeder arm, as I found my reel for the waggler in my net bag, set up with plenty of time to have a wander and a chat with fellow Bloger Tony Rixon who kindly lent me one of his nice aero reels just in case although im sure there was a reason and he could cast as far as were I was going to fish from peg 81 so I was going to have to keep an eye on him" Owe and he didn't need Reminding the last time he lent me this reel off the next peg he got beat by me so I was out to repeat the lesson."

Starting the match on the straight lead with punched 8mm meat I began slightly to my left so I could work my way back to the point of the island on my right at around 25 yards as the match progressed, After 20mins of trying I was struggling to reach the distance I felt the fish were with the thickness of the 8lb line so a quick decision to change the now thankfully borrowed reel from Tony' loaded with 5lb line saw me back in the peg 5mins later at the right distance and with Andy Crocker from the Welsh Freeze outfit on 86 already netting a nice 15lb fish I felt it wasn't going to be long before it was my turn and sure enough on the 25 minute I had a proper bite" and landed a 10lb mirror (Nice start), Sticking to the meat and a few more liners followed before another 10lb'er was added so now I was nicely settled as looking around I had only seen two carp caught.

A few more false bites when you cant help picking the rod up without fear of it being pulled in had me thinking the fish had come up slightly in the water but by now the breeze had picked up so ruled me out of fishing the waggler so I had to stick to my guns and sit the match out on the tip which I'm not a lover of as I like to be working at it, I began to change my baits and tried popped up bread and a bunch of floating red maggot on a longer tail but with no response it was back to the meat and bang on the two hour mark I hooked a much bigger fish and this is were the fun began" The fish kited from around 30 yards to my left as soon as it was hooked and there was nothing I could do' I warned Andy on the next peg but moments later it was to late and I wasn't only connected to his line but the guy the other side of him aswell! Both were very sporting and let there reels off for me play the fish in and after 10 mins it was in the net All 17lb of it' hooked in the barb" along with a tangled mass of weights and hook lengths! WHOOPS" , They took it well though but we all had to set up again" At least we gave the fish a rest for ten mins.

Back in action and the next two cast saw Andy land two fish so the mini break did his swim good but by know my liners had stopped and I began to feel the fish were moving further along the lake and so proved as the two guys to Andy's left had a carp apiece going into the last hour as well as Andy ending the day on six fish one of which he cast on top of fizzing fish sat right in front of him we could see when the breeze dropped and 5mins later he was in yet my swim seamed devoid of any bubbles or any signs of fish and despite trying different baits and moving closer to the spit my only other fish was a 13oz skimmer on the corn and two liners with 5 mins to go which is typical as I felt I was going to get another, so my 3 carp and a Skimmer weighed 37lb odd for 4th on the lake out off 19 so good for team points and Andy's six fish weighed 54lb for 2nd on the lake which was won with 56lb so two more pull rounds may of seen my do it but that's fishing and at least the weather was nice" I kindly gave the borrowed tackle back and reminded Tony it was now two from two with his reel! perhaps he ought to sell it me"

Steve Kedge (Somerset Angling) won the day from Cambell Lake 124 with 160lb odd on the bomb and various baits and this lake through up the top Five placing's today , Don managed to come 5th on his lake but Steve Seager had a poor draw for last on the lake but we managed 4th on the day team wise its a shame we had a poor last round but we can still finish some were so all is not lost, Frezze Won the team side on the day with what is believed to be a record score of 81 pts puts them top of the league so far.

Overall results -

1st Steve Kedge (Somerset Angling) peg124 161lb 7oz

2nd Adam Mitchell (Freeze Orange) peg 119 147lb 6oz

3rd Roland Lucas (Viaduct) peg 116 115lb 4oz

4th Lee Werret (freeze Black) peg 110 75lb 9oz

5th Dave White (Viaduct Select) peg 38 72lb

Silvers -

1st Dave white (Viaduct Select) peg 38, 31lb 3oz

2nd Bob Gullick (Moaning Maggots) peg 25, 22lb 15oz

3rd Glen Reynolds (Freeze Black) peg 37, 21lb 3oz  


Shiplate Farm Series Rd 9

!st Alan Healy (Frys) 52lb 4oz , 2nd Steve Howell (Shiplate) 51lb 14oz , 3rd Russ Pecker (Thatchers Tackle) 32lb 8oz

Silvers - Julian Pinkett (Post Office) 9lb 11oz                            

           

No comments:

Post a Comment