Sunday 2 February 2014

Viaduct teams of 5 rd 2

Traveling by myself today as Don had other commitments so straight to the grove in Somerton for an all you can eat breakfast or so I thought as word has got round from the first match so most chose to head there for breky resulting in the first round of it running out and guys having to wait 20mins just to get a full breakfast" So a cuppa and a chat was the best I could hope for. Team today was myself , Captain Chris hook , Sam Johnson , Steve Seager and Glynn wickham taking the place of John green again? Got a funny feeling we wont see him".

Onto the draw and one of the last to draw Chris came out stoney face as we hadn't had a good team draw, with me being on cambell today I was hoping to be draw on form pegs 124, 125 or the pegs directly opposite so when I was handed 126 at least I new I was in the right area and fish have fins, I new from the last results on this lake the pegs below me proved tough so my decision was made for another positive day meaning I would rely on the bomb and waggler to do the damage leaving my wet pole from yesterday still in the holdall  a loaded 2g waggler was assembled with an 0.13 hook length to an eyed Preston PR36 size 16 and a bomb rod with 4lb main line to a Drennan pre tied size 14 hair band 12inch hook length, not taking long to set up I went for a wander down to Tom Thick on corner peg 132 hoping to learn something as the lad has been here a lot more then me, within 2mins of my arrival and Tom pluming his waggler line towards the pallet on the empty end bank he managed to snare the vegetation meaning I had to walk around and free it for him so not a lot learnt there".

A quick chat with Ron Hardiman before the match who drew my peg last time didn't inspire me much as he had 2 fish for 10lb odd on popped up bread? ( i'm still not convinced you can do this?)  but at least I had idea what to expect, with the wind being slightly awkward at the all in I decided to start on the bomb and 8mm meat it took all of 5 mins to get a (I'm on there!) bite and a 3lb carp was netted, Next chuck I fully expected the same but 30mins later I hadn't even had a liner so I switched to the waggler and 3 dead red maggot and first cast I had a tench of around 2lb but again another 30 mins and no more signs soon saw me back on the bomb and meat as by now Nige Easton next door on 125 and Chris Davis on 124 were both getting the odd fish on the bomb and meat or waggler and maggot so at least I was going along the right lines" Another 20 mins then out of the blue a nice 8lb carp was added followed by one of 6lb next chuck both on the 8mm meat again the nothing' it was frustrating to say the least as by now Nige & Chris were both catching well yet I couldn't buy a bite despite trying floating maggot on the bomb as well as bread, I new on the last match Ron said they were Tightly shoaled and it was a repeat this time around.

Happy I was doing the right thing I continued to swap between the bomb and wagg as I new already a few pegs would struggle to match what I already had in the net and the guy directly opposite me hadn't had a carp as well as a lot of others so all was not lost, Another hour passed then two more in two chucks again on the meat saw me going into the last hour looking for a few extra fish but it wasn't to be despite one last fish on the bomb they were happy just to sit in the two pegs to my left who caught right up to the whistle as well as Tony Rixon opposite them, Apart from the neck ache I had watching them all day the most annoying thing had to be the lad next to me on 127 using his alarm on his phone to time his casts, It wouldn't of been so bad but with him not switching it off until he reeled in nearly saw me off my box giving it a watery grave!

Ending the day with 6 carp and a tench for 40lb 14oz saw me finish 6th on the lake out off 19 and the added bonus of a section win and 40quid in the back pocket, Well, Till the wife finds out and wants a Chinese later" Apart from Steve Seager having 12pts we strugged as a team from a poor draw today but that's the way it goes so with cary lake my next port of call I may be lucky to land right on them instead of watching the action.

Full results - 1st Nige Easton (Amigos) 119lb 12oz

                       2nd Steve Long (Bait TechViaduct) 112 14oz

                       3rd Dave roper (Moaning Maggots) 108lb 10oz

Silvers - !st Adam Mitchell (Freeze south west) 23lb 2oz

               2nd Des Shipp (Preston Innovations ) 16lb 15oz

Teams on Day -  1st Bait Tech Viaduct 68pts, 2nd Somerset Angling & Thatchers Gold 65pts, 4th Thatchers Anglo welsh 64pts

Teams Overall Standings - 1st Bait tech Viaduct 132pts, 2nd Thatchers Gold & Somerset Angling 126pts, 4th Thatchers Vets 119pts, 5th Freeze Orange 116pts 6th Freeze Black 109pts   


                          

No comments:

Post a Comment