Wednesday 19 February 2014

Emerald Pool Tony Rixon Match

There were 16 of us today as the word has gone around how popular the silver fishing has been here of late so tony left me to the pegging to accommodate us without putting to many carpy looking pegs in, I managed to draw on the car park bank next to the bridge on my left, Nigel Wickham had struggled off this peg on the Saturday open finishing with 20lb odd but I was sure there were fish to be caught all over the lake and with a first and a second in the last two matches I must have been doing right'.

Planning to mainly planned my attach around 5mt with caster over caster and a bit of chopped worm and a line at ten meters with caster and groundbait, I didn't feel to happy tho when plumming up as I only had around 2ft of water on the short line and not much more on the longer line, I felt that I would catch short but they would spook easy and with the bridge leaving me unable to go further to the left it left me little option to go elsewhere.

For company today I had Barry Fitchew the other side of the bridge so we had a pound to keep it friendly and on the start I cupped in some loose groundbait and caster at 10mts and some choppy and caster on 5mt swim, Im not going to get into detail of my first hour excecpt I had 4 big roach and some smaller fish off both lines Before what I can now only describe as horrific..

We all heard a lot of shouting and all got off are boxes to find out the disturbance was down to a fishery regular had turned up with a young lad and climbed over the owners locked gate into there back garden, We don't know if he new but there German Sheppard dogs were in the garden and for an unknown reason to any of us the dogs had attacked the guy and the young lad i'm not going into anymore Detail but a big thanks goes to all as if it wasn't for some quick thinking it would no bout ended fatal, We were all in shock afterwards and a quick response by the emergency serviced thankfully saw them off to hospital without to serious injuries. Now were an Owner of a big dog myself and as soft as she is dogs are territorial, We are or entitled to are opinion but I cant justify why for any reason knowing the owners were out why he put himself and a young child who wasn't related to him in that position of entering the premises.

Needless to say few of us witnessing the scene were keen to continue so the match was ended and Tony returned the entry fee to us all, it was a shame as some people were catching really well from the off but none of us were in the frame of mind and i'm sure from all of us we wish the lad a speedy recovery but he did have a smile on his face when Silverfox Mike told the lad he was having a free ride in a helicopter"                      

No comments:

Post a Comment