Sunday 30 March 2014

Acorn Fishery Sat Open.

Back to acorn fishery today as I haven't been for a few weeks and with a few more fishing as a practice match for the series starting next Sunday helped to increase the attendance, Not to worried were I was draw today as after winning the last match on expanders I would be fishing along the same lines, into the draw and I ended up on peg 5 which I was happy enough with as I had the option to fish across to the island at 13mts as well as a line to my left at 8mts on the bottom of the inside shelf, being quite positive I plumed two swims across at the same depth in around 3ft of water to fish 4mm expanders over micro pellet on a 4x12 chanti to 0.13-0.10 and an 18 808, and a 4x12 chanti for my short 8mt swim in 5ft of water where I planed to fish a bigger 6mm expander over hard 4mm and 6mm pellet.

At the start  I cupped in half a pot of mixed hard pellet on the short swim and fed one line across with a small nugget of micro and a few dampend 4mm before starting across on my other line with a tiny cad pot containing a tiny amount of micro and 3-4 hard 4mm pellet, 15mins in and my first bite resulted in a carp of 4lb on the expander things were looking good as after a few liners I swapped to the more positive line across and took 3 more carp of the same size in the next twenty mins before disaster struck and the wind picked up from no were meaning it was nearly impossible to fish across and present the rig properly which was really annoying as from what I could see not much had been caught so far, Not having a choice I had to make a switch to the shorter line in the hope of catching here earlier than I had anticipated but after 20 bite less minutes I decided to make a new rig up to fish closer to the bank in just over 2ft of water but despite a skimmer of a pound I was going nowhere fast.

I tried in vain to attempt to hold the rig still enough across to induce a bite but after twice being span around on my seat box I had to give up hope until the last hour and managed to snare one more of the same size added to three late fish from the short line late on the big expanders gave me a total of 28lb 13oz, the lake had fished hard though and Bob gullit took the honours over on peg 21 with a total of 29lb 14oz and Lee Waller weighed 29lb 9oz  off peg 11 so missed out of a pick up or the second win on the bounce at the venue but I didn't lose any fish other than two foul hookers but that's fishing its just a shame the wind got up as I'm sure I would of had more off the long lines.

High light of the day had to be when Gabrial Skabba misses turned up and made her way to who she though was hubby only to realise she was just about to plant a welcome smacker on the chops of Phil (Fabio) Harding by mistake" I don't know who was more shocked!

Full Results -

1st Bob Gullit (BVMG) peg 21, 29lb 14oz.

2nd Lee Waller (Acorn) peg 11, 29lb 9oz.

3rd Dom Sullivan ( Maver/Cadbury Angling) peg 5, 28lb 13oz.

4th Nick Coles (Clevedon A.A) peg 22, 24lb 9oz

Silvers - Phil Harding , Peg 39, 18lb 8oz.                    

No comments:

Post a Comment