Tuesday 11 March 2014

Time For A Rant"

For those that know me new I took a few years away from fishing for a while and returned to fishing matches three years ago now, In that time things have changed some what with most of the fishing being on commercials which all seem to of average attendance except for some well run leagues through the year.

Being involved with Maver/Cadbury Angling has given me the chance to fish a variety of venues as well as the natural venues especially in the last 18mts, now I fully appreciate the help from Toby at Cadbury Angling but on my return to fishing I new I wanted to take it seriously and always new if wanted to progress any further I would have to give it 100% if I was going to be lucky enough to get noticed and progress to a private sponsorship. To date, My return saw me start at Shiplate Farm Fishery and I wasn't long before I got back into the swing of things racking up 8 match wins on the trot, last year I had change of scenery and fished some matches at Summerhayes Fishery in Bridgewater were I notched up 5 wins on the trot and felt confident in the 6th visit to win only to snap my pole meaning I couldn't fish where I wanted and had to start a line for silvers which I went on to win and the next time I won the match again' All this was in between fishing Acorn fishery most Saturdays and some Tuesdays which I had many wins and was in the frame every week, Now I don't claim to be the best angler in the world by any means but you don't get these results without putting the effort in and being able to read your swim on the day is something that's always going to make a difference to doing well, To date I haven't been approached which I understand because as far as I'm concerned I building a good C.V should the opportunity arise.

Now this is where my Rant begins, As you can see from this blog lately I have been running Open matches on Saturdays At Emerald Pool Fishery in West Huntspill, Now these matches have been very popular as its silver fish matches with plenty of bites' so to the extent I was running them every fortnight, Now in not going to name and shame, Though I find it a bit annoying that somebody has chosen to do an article on the Fishery for their Sponsorship' to keep them happy" When I'm the person who approached Owner Alan & Anita to start the matches up and currently hold the match record so am I missing the boat somewhere or perhaps this person should have took a few seconds to think how it would affect others as I'm sure if it were the other way around they wouldn't be best pleased...? I understand the pressure to perform for your Sponsor's and having to do the articles when need be but with a Varity of venues to chose from which give good silvers sport so why when I'm trying to build on a sponsor does someone see it as their right to jump in on a good opportunity for me to get somewhere? Perhaps something like a head to head may have been appropriate or is it the thought of maybe (God For Bid) getting beat in front of the cameras is the worry? all I do know is this certain individual thought no further than Himself..   I will be interested in your thoughts next time you see me on the bank because as for those who run matches all know its not just a case of turning up and it all falling into place there's a lot of arranging to do as well as the moaning when someone has draw were they don't want to be'                                    

1 comment:

  1. understand what you are saying. A few years ago I got guzumped on an article 2 weeks before I was going to do the feature by ain individually sponsored angler. Wasn't happy, but now more relaxed about things and as a result enjoying my fishing more than ever - also my fishing has improved. So dont take it to heart, it just not worth it

    ReplyDelete