Sunday 16 March 2014

Manor Farm Leisure Nr Evesham. (Saturday)

A first time visit to this venue for myself so I was looking forward to something different after an invite to travel up with Sensas Thyers Young un' Lewis jones and Steve (Peanut) Howell, Lewis thought he had more knowledge than the Tom Tom taking us on a scenic route of Evesham ending up back at the roundabout we past 30minutes earlier". Still making it in plenty of time for a breakfast on site before a wander around the lakes to see where we were going to be fishing with Windmill and Boundary being used for are open match, A quick chat before with the tackle shop owner told us willow had a depth running from 5ft to 12ft' and Boundary had a depth of 5-6ft although Lewis said he had 8ft but I don't think he has any idea how much a foot is..? Into the draw and I and up on windmill 13 only to have Peanut for company on 15 so I thought with the way he draws we must be in a good area", Lewis drew on 38 boundary which is an open water lake in the nice sun as me and Steve had the wind in are chops shaded under the conifers 6ft behind us' Pluming up at 13mts I had 12ft of water so a touch of line was added to make the rig long enough being a 0.4g PB3 on 0.13-0.10 and an 18 808 for fishing expanders over hard 4's at dead depth and a rig to fish the same down my inside in 5ft of water, all I had time left to set up was a pellet waggler to fish hard 6's & 8's but I didn't expect it to work as the wind was blowing into are faces from the left so feeding 6's as advised was going to be out of the question.

At the all in and after having a quid with Steve I cupped in half a pot of 4mm hard pellet and some 4 and 6mm expanders on both lines and started at 13mts, 2omins and my first fish being a 8oz skimmer followed by to smaller samples and two tiny roach on 6mm expanders had me thinking something wasn't right and I new I had to change, It was time to try the waggler and after 30mins I had an F1 of around 3lb but I was struggling to keep the float still in the harsh breeze and could only feed 8mm pellets which I felt were to big for the size of the fish in this lake and the lad a couple of pegs down on the opposite bank had taken a few fish on the waggler feeding 6mm, despite trying the long pole again and taking a carp of 3lb down the edge on a 6mm expander and losing another bigger fish in the last 5mins I spent most of the match tying to make the shallow waggler work but it wasn't until the wind let up going into the last hour that I managed to feed some 6mms and with the same on the hook I added a few more F1s and some smaller carp but with a top weight of 60lb odd on Boundary we new are lake had fished harder and was happy to weigh 23lb to Steve's 21lb so I had a quid and was winning the section but we think it would have been beat?? and Lewis ended up catching some big f1s to finish with 29lb, shame the wind spoilt the day as I'm sure I could of had a few fish from the open water to have had a result but that's fishing and we had a good laugh which was the main thing.                      

No comments:

Post a Comment