Tuesday 2 September 2014

Acorn Fishery Tuesday Tenner.

Having the week free from work the plan was for the wife to have a dabble on this match and fish for the silvers but after having nail extensions added a few days ago I didn't think she would appreciate having them coated in chop worm and caster" So I was down to me to have a try for them as I fancied a change from chasing carp around. With 17 fishing it was a good turn out for a Tuesday so I let the wife draw to see which peg she would of chosen but wasn't best pleased to find out I had managed to end up on bridge peg 33, Another peg I cant seem to get away from' And not rated as an area to target silvers as Paul Faires had drawn it last week and told me it wasn't worth going for them but I had already made my mind up to have a try and see what happens.

Keeping it simple I had a rig to fish straight in-front of me at 10mts being a 0.5g on 0.13-0.10 and an 18 808 hook in 5ft of water, the same rig would be used to fish to my right at the bottom of the near shelf  where the depth was only slightly shallower, I did have another rig to fish close to the bank between myself and the bridge as I had a few big tench last time I was here when I was targeting the carp. Company wise I had Harry Muir on peg 34 the other side of the bridge and Andy Gard who also targets the silvers a couple of pegs to my right.

At the all in I cupped a dampend ball of micro pellets on the 10mt line and fed a couple of nuggets of chop worm and caster in fishmeal groundbait onto the short line, Starting with a 4mm expander on the hook I had a bite first put in from a 6oz skimmer, followed by one of similar size the next try but then it was hard to temp a bite although with the lakes carp looking like they were going to play an active part I wasn't to surprized, After topping up with another ball I tried the shorter line with a small piece of worm, Again a couple of quick fish and the same pattern emerged with signs of carp blowing on both lines, It didn't take me long to start connecting to a few which wasn't planned but couldn't be avoided so I stuck at it and rotated lines pinching the odd skimmer before hooking a carp and swapping lines, I was warned it wasn't the best area to target them but I did enjoy the change.
 My Silvers.
I ended the day with 17lb of all skimmers taken on soft pellet of bits of worm over g.bait and caster but got bullied out totally in the end by carp adding 60lb of them to my total" Though I did have to give harry a ribbing as he had fished for them all-day next to me but my total still beat him" As expected the favoured pegs on the straight were best for the silvers with Dave Wride coming out on top with 27lb of skimmers all on the soft pellet. Overall the Welsh boys dominated proceedings again with the groundbait and maggot approach in the margins and Giles Cochrane came out on top again with 185lb from peg 19.
Full result - 
1st Giles Cochrane, (Newport) peg 19, 185lb.
2nd Lee (Peanut), (Mosella) peg 38, 172lb.
3rd Gabriel Skarba (Un-attached) peg 1, 104lb 4oz.
Silvers -
1st Dave Wride (Thyers) peg 15, 27lb 4oz.    
     
 Winner Giles Cochrane.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment