Thursday 3 December 2015

Viaduct Fishery Thursday Costcutter.

After my Birthday yesterday I decided to book the day off work but unsure if I would make fishing if I consumed to much alcohol last night but thankfully I kept it down with the help of a nice Indian meal with the wife a couple of friends, I take it things go down hill from now on as I had to pay £115 for my medical to enable me to continue Driving my Lorry" Traveling alone today I still had the Hilltops Stop off for breakfast & met some others who were off to The Sedges for a Royal Marine match. Arriving at the fishery their were 16 booked in so the match would just be held on Cambell today & I was really hoping to draw an area for carp to try & Qualify for next years all-winners final? Nope" Well I'm working my way up the near bank of Cambell, Or Not as the case may be as this time I found myself on peg 111, After Drawing 112 Sunday In the Silvers League & 110 in the open the week before".
I didn't think that I would really compete as far as the carp went & Geraint Powell had 9lb odd of silvers here Sunday mainly small roach so didn't know if this would be worth while but with bait left for the weekend I would take the chance on trying to do a bit better.

I planned to feed two swims left & right at 10mts & another swim at 14mts, This end of the lake it a bit shallower and I didn't have much more than 3ft of water at 14mts it was slightly shallower on my left at 10mts & 6'inches shallower again to my right. I set up a 4x12 Wire wonder to fish at 14mts and 10mts left on 0.12-0.10 & an 18 PR434 hook, A 0.2g slim float for the shallower right hand 10mts swim with the same line with an 18 63-13 hook. I planned to start the match on the waggler set at dead depth towards the middle of the lake so set up a loaded waggler on 4lb main line and an 0.11 Hook-length to an 18 PR434 hook.

For company I had the Gimp' John Bradford on peg 112 who was just going to fish the pole for silvers & Roy Worth on peg 110 who was going to fish for carp along the end bank, I started the day feeding two balls on the 14mt line with casters & some pinkies added, Fed Another 2 balls with chopped worm & just a few casters at 10mts left, And fed one pot of loose ground-bait casters & chopped worm on the shallower 10mt swim. I started the day on the waggler towards the middle of the lake with a piece of corn on the hook, After 30mins I had a skimmer near 1lb & a tench of 6oz but although I missed two other bites it wasn't hectic, I gave it another 30mins without adding anything & after seeing John Net a couple of smaller skimmers on his long pole line it was time to give it a try.

Starting at 14mts with double caster on the hook I had a 10oz skimmer straight away but then struggled for a bite, Travling Partner Don Sutherand had popped down for a wander round & informed me it was fishing hard so I began to feed corn with the catty on the waggler line to attempt to catch some bigger fish later in the day, I switched to the shorter 10mt line on my left & had a 2lb skimmer on caster again then just as Don had left at 12'0clock I hooked what I first thought was a carp but turned out to be a nice bonus 2lb+ Tench" With over 6lb of silvers in the net after 30mins of going on the pole my mind was made up to carry on with then whilst still feeding some corn out long. After the tench I couldn't get a bite so it was time to re-feed it with another ball & try elsewhere. The 10mt swim to my right only produced some small roach to start with & the 14mt line only gave me another 8oz fish. Back to where I was catching & I had a run of skimmers to 1lb before trying my other lines again, I did eventfully start to catch the odd skimmer to 12oz off the loose fed shallower 10mt line but the fish spooked easier so only took 1 fish before switching around. John was catching the odd smaller skimmer off his lines but was having quiet spells,
 
Roy next door had switched to from fishing the pole down the edge to fishing the bomb with corn on the hook & was catching the odd decent carp,
 Roy with a carp on'
 
This is how I spent the rest of the match really just switching between lines pinching the odd run of fish, I didn't really feed that much all day preferring to try and catch as much off a line before re-feeding anything, I took more fish on double caster than anything else today after not catching on it Sunday for some reason although I still had a few on the worm. I caught the odd skimmer up until the whistle & never hooked a carp all day" but didn't know what had been caught elsewhere?. I was one of the last to weigh & when the scales arrived Gary Etheridge was winning the silvers with a great 37lb odd from the opposite bank peg 125 catching at 7mts on corn. My net went 25lb for another enjoyable days fishing and was enough to finish runner-up in the silvers pool picking up £15 to get my money back,
 My Catch.
Back at the results and the winner on the day was Dave White with 110lb odd from peg 129 Cambell taking the bulk of his catch on the straight lead with 8mm meat on the hook so well done to him. Back on Saturday from the Xmas Match on Cambell & Cary so please let me have a Carpy invested peg"?
Full Results -
1st Dave White (Bait-Tech Viaduct) peg 129 Cambell, 110lb 9oz.
2nd Jim Butcher (Bait-Tech Viaduct) peg 114, 85lb 1oz.
3rd Roy Worth (Bait-Tech Viaduct)
4th Roland Lucas (Wiltshire Angling) peg 126, 47lb 3oz.
 
Silvers -
1st Gary Etheridge (Garbolino Blackmoor Vale) peg 125, 37lb 10oz.
Dom Sullivan (Maver) peg 111, 25lb. 
 
 
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment