Saturday 13 February 2016

Landsend Fishery Saturday Open.

Lewis Jones & myself decided to have another try at Landsend today after missing a days fishing last Saturday due to the bad weather, We made full use of the new on site cafĂ© which was pleasant again before having a wander around before the draw. One thing we had noticed as the water was very clear as was viaduct Cambell Lake on Thursday so it might be a bit harder than we expected, I chose to draw my own peg again today as passing it over to somebody else to do doesn't seem to of made a difference' Out pops peg 5 which although I didn't fancy to win the match I did fancy it for a few F1's which count as silvers as on my last two visit's I had seen a few caught off the peg & more often than anywhere else so my hopes were high for a change, I made up a 0.2g AS1 to fish off the point of the island in just over 2ft of water on 0.11-0.10 & an 18 Silver fish pellet hook, A 0.3g Maver Series 2 to fish at the bottom of the far shelf in 4ft of water on the same line with an 18 808 hook & finally a 4x12 Chianti to fish at 8mts down the track on 0.11-0.09 & again an 18 808 hook.

For company I had fellow blogger Ken Raynor on peg 3 & venue resident Beany" on the peg I had last match here being peg 7. Lewis had et owner Mike Duckett draw for him & ended up at the end of my bank peg 12 which was a good area on the last match so could it be the same today? At the start I cupped a total of around 10 micro's' on the far side deep water swim, A small nugget of ground-bait at 8mts with a couple of 4mm expanders & started the day in the shallower water at just over 14mts off the point of the island with a 4mm expander on the hook again feeding tiny amounts of micros via a cad-pot. It took me 20mins to get a bite which turned out to be an F1 just over a 1lb, 5mins later I had a 3lb carp also on expander. In the next 20mins I added another F1 on meat & a similar size carp as the first on dead maggot, It wasn't hectic but I hadn't seen much caught so stayed over until I couldn't get any signs. After another 20mins I decided to try in the deeper water across & fully expected signs straight away but after 10mins & switching baits I never had a sign. After having another look across in the shallower water but nothing showing I decided to have a look down the track where I was hoping to catch a few better silvers, Starting with a 4mm expander I missed a bite which I wasn't really expecting' then the next put-in I had a 2lb plus skimmer', I was going to rest it after it was flashing around in the clear water but decided to have another look, Another 2lb skimmer' Things were looking up" No, I didn't have another bite so fed another small nugget & decided feed another line at the same distance off to my left. Back across & nothing on the far lines so I spent a bit of time searching along the far bank on the shallower rig with either maggot or small bits of meat on the hook but I still couldn't connect with anything, Beany next to me was yet to catch & apart from a better carp down his edge & two better perch across Ken was finding it hard. I would like to say things picked up as the day went on but it didn't happen, I never stopped trying all areas of my swim to try & induce some better silvers but all I could connect with were tiny roach on the track swims which were hanging on the soft pellet" ken seemed quite content in fishing for them in between trying down his margin to the tree & although he managed to hook a couple he was playing a game of catch & release with them under his pallet!". I thought I might connect with a couple more skimmers down the track late in the match of down to the pallet on casters to my right but the only better fish I hooked was a foul hooked carp in the last 15mins down the track which came off'. A bit of a disappointing day as I fully expected to latch into a few more F1's across as well as expecting a couple more skimmers from down the track but it just didn't.

When the scales arrived at peg 1 who had 3 carp in the last 20mins finished with 30lb odd, Ken ended the day with 20lb odd including 8lb of silvers/blips' before I weighed just under 8lb of silvers & two carp for a total of 15lb odd , Beany had managed to catch a small roach & a skimmer before the all-out but it didn't look as loads had caught. back at the results & Nick Ewer's who didn't fancy his draw on peg 21 won the match with 72lb & next peg to him Rich Lovering  had 45lb odd for 2nd, Top silvers on the day went to Dave Hanson with 10lb odd from peg 18. We don't happen to have turned up here in resent weeks when the fishing has been as good as the matches between" Lewis is now beginning to think I'm a jinx" & I cant blame him! Lol.  Viaduct Winter league tomorrow roll on Spring Lake.

Full Results -

1st Nick Ewers ( P.I.Thatchers ) peg 21, 72lb 8oz.

2nd Rich Lovering (Clevedon A.A) peg 19, 45lb 1oz.

3rd Alan Oram (Premier Angling) peg 15, 31lb 15oz.

Silvers -

1st Dave Hanson (Landsend) peg 18, 10lb 10oz.

2nd Ken Raynour (Ken's Blog) peg 3, 8lb 2oz.
                      

No comments:

Post a Comment