Monday 29 February 2016

Viaduct Fishery (Teams of 5) Winter League (Round 4).

My Apologies, The blog was suppose to be on sun evening by I put it on draft by mistake" Anyway - 

Here we go again then for the 4th round of this popular league, As normal team mate don picked me up before heading off for are normal breakfast on route, My turn to fish Cambell Lake today & I was praying for a draw in the fancied pegs I mentioned yesterday as I felt that most of the lake would be hard due to the fact most off the fish in including the silver all seem to be shoaled up in a tight area at the moment between 110-115, It was young Lewis's turn to have a go at the team draw for us today but it couldn't fair much worse than we've already had to date' His face told a story when he came back with the team sheet & it wasn't a good one by his look" Captain Chris was on Lodge Lake next to the rope peg 70 which could be ok, Steve Segar had draw on Cary today again on a peg that had a chance of a few carp, young Lewis had done ok drawing himself peg 51 on match lake which happened to win the lake in the last round, & as for me & Don' He had a poor draw on peg 20 of spring lake which was going to be tough & Me? Peg bloody 131" two pegs below were I was yesterday which basically is shite! Ziggy had it yesterday on the open match & struggled for 5lb odd of silvers including a 2lb perch & the difference from yesterday meant I wouldn't have an empty peg either side like he did yesterday" Just what I needed..! To be totally honest I didn't even what to go to my peg & could of quite easily slung the kit back in the van & p****d off' I seem to be having a right bad run of luck as far as drawing go's at the present & after working hard all week all I'm after is a days fishing rather than watching others have all the luck" I'm a firm believer in the fact that you cant go to a peg thinking you wont catch but through the winter months that's not the case, if you don't draw on them you wont draw fish & its as simple as that.. Roll on the summer".

Still It was a team match & although my expectations weren't high I still wanted to try my best for the team, I had a frenzee lad on peg 130 in-front of the aerator, Jason (Bread Head) Radford on the peg I had yesterday 129 & old friend Nicky Collins on the end peg of are bank peg 132 who was also cursing' as he wheeled his kit around. With to much detail I set up the normal bomb rod, A waggler to fish dead depth at around 20mts, & two pole rigs, one for silvers at 14mts & one for corn at 16mts. five minutes before the all-in the wind picked up from the north east leaving us straight in the brunt of it, Again!. I planned on fishing the wagg to start with but had no chance of presenting it at the start so fed some g.bait with casters & pinkie's at 12mts & feed a handful of corn & casters at 14mts. I started on the bomb with bread but as expected never had as much as a liner in the first hour even after going through the whole bait program" The frenzze lad had managed a carp & a small tench by chucking tight to the aerator in the middle of the lake but the rest of us were struggling, It was time to try the wagger at t5mts feeding just a few grains of coal via a cad but nothing happened.

I chose to feed another line with caster & groundbait at 10mts & have a go on the waggler swim were i had been feeding a few casters with the catty. I managed a couple of small roach on double caster & missed a couple of bites but was hoping for some better fish. a switch to the pole lines saw just a few more small roach added but already we could see regular fish being caught on the opposite bank out of the worst of the wind. back on the waggler I had an 10oz hybrid but no sooner as you had chance to present the rig the cross wind would spoil things"

To say the day was hard going would be an understatement , Even Nicky said to me after a few hours he was losing the will to live" as he was struggling as much as myself, We both kept looking for a carp on the bomb without as much as a liner between us, I was hoping for a late carp to venture from its normal haunts but it wasn't the case, all I had managed were a few more small roach to add to those I caught earlier in the day to finish with just over 2lb, Nicky managed just over a 1lb so it was looking like we would be the last two on the lake today & their was nowt we could of done about it, Ok if we had fished for bits" all day we may have broke 5lb a piece but it still wouldn't of improved are results as there were plenty of fish being caught opposite. Another very disappointing day & another weekend on the banks I gladly forget" I keep saying things have to get better but at the moment it just ain't happening, I'm back here next sunday for the final round & my turn to fish Cary Lake & If I find myself on pegs 85, 86 it will be a miracle!" Overall I think Ryan Shipp won the day from peg 85 on Cary today with 99lb odd catching on the bomb, He wouldn't of won it had Chris Fox not exceeded the net limit of 70-80lb from flyer" peg 113 Cambell which won the last match' He had 82lb in one net with a strict limit of any weight over 80lb being totally discounted leaving him with 57lb from his other net being his final total' Lesson learnt there then as that would of cost him a decent pick-up in the money stakes, Fellow blogger Tony Rixon who happened to be next to him on 114" (I ask you') said the problem was Chris wasn't used to catching that much so had a valid excuse as to why he went over!" Lol.

Not a good day for the team either with Don struggling as expected but Lewis walker managed to win his lake with 76lb out so well done to him.

Full results -

1st Ryan Shipp, peg 85 Cary, 99lb 4oz.

2nd Mike William's, peg 112 Cambell, 88lb 1oz.

3rd Gary O'Shea, peg 86 Cary, 82lb 12oz.

4th Tony Rixon, Peg 114 Cambell, 78lb 10oz.

5th Lewis Walker, Peg 51 Match, 76lb 12oz.

6th Ivan Oakey, peg 96 Cary, 74lb 4oz.

Silvers -

1st Mark Poppelton , Peg 110 Cambell, 25lb 1oz.

2nd Simon Hebditch, Peg 11 Spring, 20lb 2oz.

3rd Nick Chedzoy, Peg 10, Spring 15lb.

Teams on day top 3,

1st Thatchers P.I. Gold 72pts.

2nd South West Nomads 63pts.

3rd 2nd Time Lucky 61pts.

Overall Top 3,

1st. Viaduct All Stars 248pts

2nd. 2nd Time Lucky 243pts

3rd Thatchers P.I. Gold             

          

No comments:

Post a Comment