Monday 2 May 2016

Acorn Fishery (Clevedon A.A Open) Monday.

Travelling With Lewis Jones again today with him driving after I had a few bevey's last night, We did plan to stop off for a breakfast roll at the burger van in Clevedon but were disappointed to find it wasn't their' With food in mind I was starving so it was off to the nearest garage for a sandwich & a costa coffee, I drank the coffee on-route but left me bloody sarnies in his van for the entire day!

A good turn out today with a few coming for a cancelled match elsewhere boosted it up to 24 of us, We had a walk around with match organiser Robb Fogg who was choosing which swims to use, Peg 21 seemed to have a few fish in it judging by the amount of fish slurping along the bridge but I fancied drawing pegs 9 or 10 which have been favourable lately, Into the draw & I found myself on peg 7, Mark Walsh had draw peg 6 & Bobby Gullit had drawn peg 9 for the second time in as many visits so he was going to be beat for a start, I did fancy it for a few of the lakes bigger fish as we had peg 8 empty & with the wind blowing into are bank I could fish to my left with plenty of room
, first up I had a rig to fish across a couple of feet of the bank in around 3ft of water being an 0.2g AS1 on 0.15-0.13 & an 18 808 hook.
Set a rig to fish down towards my side of the pallet just off the bank in 2ft of water, Had a rig to fish in the deepest water at 5mts infront of me being a 4x14 Chanti on 0.15-0.12 & a 16 Wide gape pellet hook, & finally the rig I expected to do the most damage a 0.2g in-line float on 0.17-0.15 & again a size 16 pellet hook, To fish to my left at 10mts around 2mts off the bank where I found a nice flat area about 4ft deep.

I started the match feeding a few hard 4mm pellets onto the 10mt line, fed half a pot of casters down to by the pallet in the shallower water & fed a few 4mms by hand onto the 5mt line, I started the day across towards the far bank with a 4mm expander on the hook feeding just a few hard 4mms & some micros over the top with a cadpot. I had a 4lb fish within seconds but then had signs of fish coming shallower foul hooking the next fish which came off, I cut out feeding the micros just feeding a few 4mms over the top which got me another 2lb fish before I had two hand size carp, Bobby had already netted a few fish off his far line but mark was struggling for the time being, After about 50mins I couldn't get any fish to settle across so it was time to try my 10mt line. Starting with a 6mm expander on the hook I had a fish of 4lb within seconds followed by a 6lb fish 10mins later before things dried up, I re-fed it with another helping of 4mm pellets, re-fed my other lines before dropping back in at 10mts, Again I had a fish straight away so kept topping it up after every fish.

I had a good hour when I must have put 35lb in the net with a couple of fish pushing 7lb, I kept trying my other Lines in between adding another carp from across, but the 10mt line was proving best by far. Although things slowed a little I still added another 25lb or so in the next hour, I had also added a new swim in the deeper water at 10mts in the centre of the lake with corn & did manage a 5lb fish off it. The forecast was for rain & it did arrive for an hour or so but what was noticeable was the wind had changed direction & was now blowing out of my swim, This certainly made a difference as no matter where I tried I just couldn't get a bite" I couldn't believe it as things were going so well' try as I may I just couldn't get anything to work & it turned out in the last two hours I never put a fish in the net which was a bit frustrating as Bob had managed to put some more in his nets when I couldn't & I had him down as the days winner?.

I followed the scales around & the best weight was 87lb from peg 34 before it was Bobs turn, After a few weighs it turned out he had 91lb odd which was enough to take the win on the day so well done mate,

 Winner Bobby G.

 It was closer than I thought between us though as I finished the day with 82lb so just a few fish in the last two hours would of been nice' but my weight was enough to finish 3rd picking up £50.00. Funny how fish can just disappear with a slight change in the weather but back again tomorrow for the cost cutter match so peg 9 or 10 please".

Full results -

1st Bobby Gullit , (B.V.M.G) peg 9, 91lb.

2nd Stuart Barnett (Acorn) peg 34, 87lb.

3rd Dom Sullivan (Maver) peg 7, 82lb 2oz.

4th Mike Owens (Sensas Thyers) peg 38, 80lb

5th Lewis Jones (Drennan S.W) peg 31, 76lb 2oz.

6th Les Williams (Bristol) peg 11, 52lb 2oz.

                  

No comments:

Post a Comment