Saturday 7 May 2016

Landsend Fishery Saturday Open.

Lewis Jones & Myself decided to give Landsend another visit today & with a later draw at least we had plenty of time for the on-site breakfast. 15 of us fishing today all on the match lake & with the forecast of a nice day ahead I didn't really mind where I drew as I don't know to much about the venue at this time of the year. Lewis drew peg 7 which he wasn't to happy about but had plenty of room with 6, 8 & 9 empty, & I found myself on the opposite side of the lake peg 19 on the edge of the gap, Arriving at my swim their seemed to be a few fish hugging the far bank between myself & peg 20 which was empty so first up I had an inline dibber swinging rig on 0.17-0.15, Next I had a 0.2g AS4 to fish tight to the far bank at 16mts in just over 2ft of water which would double up to fish down the edge at 7mts to my right & on my topkit down to my left by the bush in the water, And finally a 4x12 Chanti on 0.17-0.15 & a 16 PR478 Hook to fish at 6mts down the track on meat.

At the start I just fed a couple of cubes of 6mm meat down the track by hand & cupped a few hard 6mm's tight to the far bank, I started the day on the swinging rig of to my right with a banded 6mm pellet, After 5mins I had a 3lb fish soon followed by another over 4lb but the soon wised up & disappeared' so after 30mins it was time to try tight to the bank in-front of me, I started with a banded 6mm & soon lost a foul hooker' but it wasn't happening, I began to cad pot a few hard 6mm's over the top & missed to bites? but 20mins later after trying a few baits I was back to the swinging rig, The fish would be showing them self's along the far bank but as soon as the rig hit the water they were gone" After 90mins I was going nowhere, I had been flicking the odd cubes of meat onto the 6mt line so decided to give it a try, I started with a single 6mm cube which produced a 2lb skimmer after 5mins, I tried two cubes & a single 8mm cube but their was no early signs of carp & 15mins later I was back out at 16mts, This time I decided to fish a small bit of paste on the hook again feeding some 6mm's over the top, I had what I thought were two bite but again nothing, 15mins later I re-fed another line along the far bank with some dampened micros & tried a segment of worm over the top but all I had was another foul hooked fish,

Lewis was really motoring catching across to the far bank but it seemed on are side they were very cagey, Rod had managed to snare a couple of fish off his far bank by pinging hard pellets over the top but was also having problems with foul hooked fish & was also having to weight for indications, By halfway I new I wasn't getting anywhere so was hoping the short lines would produce later in the day, I managed to catch two carp in ten minutes when I went back in at 6mts with an 8mm cube of meat but 15mins later hadn't had another bite, I decided to feed a more positive swim with half a pot of 6mm meat at 5mts off to my right before trying my margin swims. I had a look with my top kit by the bush & missed a fly under bite but that was it & hooked a decent fish again on meat at 7mts down to my right but that shed the hook & I never had another bite their all day. I began to get the odd fish from the short lines going into the last two hours but I expected it to produce better in the last hour but it didn't really happen only adding the odd fish, Rod had managed a couple down the edge & a few F1's across on pellet to go with his early silvers so it would be close between us but I already had Lewis down as the winner as he had been catching well all day. I got to him before the scales arrived to watch him when & as I expected he went onto take the top weight on the day with 135lb catching on hard pellet to his left & most shallow with hard pellet in-front the reeds on the far bank so well done mate another good Saturday for you.
 Winner Lewis Jones.
 
 Russ Pecker was 2nd from peg 10 with 121lb odd & Andy Hembrow finished 3rd with 119lb odd, Rod ended up with 58lb but had the bonus of picking up the silvers pools with 18lb odd & I finished the day with 50lb odd, A bit frustrating as the fish just seemed to want to sit where their was a bit of cover & were already showing signs of spawning soon with the warm weather we've had. Off to Acorn tomorrow fishing for Shiplate farm in a friendly against Clevedon.A.A head to head.

Full results

1st Lewis Jones (Drennan Thyers) peg 7, 135lb 5oz.

2nd Russ Pecker (Thatchers Tackle) peg 10, 125lb 12oz.

3rd Andy Hembrow (Clevedon A.A) peg 15, 111lb 4oz.

Silvers - Rod Wotton 18lb 8oz. 
                

No comments:

Post a Comment