Tuesday 3 May 2016

Acorn Fishery Tuesday Costcutter.

My Final stint of a four day run at it & it was back to acorn fishery for their Tuesday cost cutter, Traveling on my own today I did manage to find the burger van open to grad some grub before I parked up to eat it on strode road bridge on the river Kenn reminiscing of the days I used to fish it as a junior as keen as mustered to get on the bank every Sunday come rain or shine' No commercials or trolleys in those days". I arrived in plenty of time so made two more new rigs up before expecting a good turn out, Disappointing here as their were only eight of us but we had the whole lake so should be a day of pleasure fishing for all of us?.

Dave (dogging) Wride chose the pegs for us today & I was hoping for peg 7 again as it was in or peg 10 failing that' I was 2nd to draw thinking get in early for more chance of having them but no I ended up on peg 13. It didn't mean much but it was hard here yesterday & with all the room we had I expected us all to catch well? That was until Dave drew peg 15 so we were sharing the pallet to my left then! Not being funny but there's 40 pegs on this lake but we end up a pallet apart? Not going to go into the full detail of my day as totally shattered & I didn't win' Lol, I started the day on the deck at the bottom of the shelf in 4ft of water but only catching some carp from 2-10oz" on soft pellet, Tried to the pallet between  Dave & myself but neither of us caught here, They were probably playing yoyo between are feed!!" So my main lines ended up down to my right hand pallet which is awkward to fish at this angle, & tight over in the shallow water close to the far bank, I'm happy to say after a while I did start to put a few fish together but was always playing catch up to Dave who had started catching down the edge after 30mins' I thought I had a chance of catching well late on until all the debris ended up smack bank in-front of the pallet I was catching against" & to top it off two ducks had managed to find the gap I was fishing in across, Clearing out any bait I had laid as a trap intent for the fish..." I was right peeved off to be honest as it was another one of those days were it all seemed to go wrong' I wasn't going to trouble the scales but still had my nets in when they arrived, I was amazed when I totalled 84lb odd as it seemed I spent the day farting around' Dave went on to win the day with 131lb odd catching the bulk of his fish down the edge on pellet, good job you had 10 pegs empty between you & Tony hey" Well Done. Gabriel Skarba came 2nd off peg 31 with 117lb odd & fellow blogger Tony Rixon pinched 3rd spot from me picking up the £10 for third place, Not that much of an enjoyable day but I used it to try a few new things, SHZZZZ Tony" Cant Let um Know it all until after next Sunday when we've had another Shiplate v Clevedon Battle".

Full Results -

1st Dave Wride (Sensas Thyers) peg 15, 131lb 14oz.

2nd Gabo Skarba (Hillview) peg 31, 117lb 2oz.

3rd Tony Rixon (Mosella/Veals) peg 24, 86b 7oz.

4th Dom Sullivan (Maver|) peg 13, 84lb 15oz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment