Saturday 19 November 2016

Viaduct Fishery (Saturday Open) Cambell & Cary Lakes.

With not much on in the area it was another trip to Viaduct for me today, When I woke I was Greeted with hailstones & things didn't get much better on the way, Thankfully arriving at the fishery down in the hole" It looked as most of it was bowing away, Not a bad turn-out with 18 fishing so Steve would put most on Cambell & a few on Cary, Into the draw & I found myself on peg 131 in the shallow water on the opposite side of the lake, I ruled out fishing for silvers today but decided to feed a positive line just in-case' Conditions were pretty much spot on with no wind so first up I decided to have two lines, One at 14mts to my right & one at 16mts in-front of me to fish meat where I set up a hand made 0.2g float on 0.15-0.13 & a size 16 F1 pellet hook, I set up an identical rig just in-case of any problems' But hopefully not" I set up the normal bomb rod what I'm not a lover off unless its going around none stop' & finally a 0.2g pencil on 0.13-0.10 & an 18 63-13 hook to fish over casters at 14mts to the left.

I started the day feeding a large pot of casters here in the hope I would see signs of some Tench blowing over it later in the day, fed a tiny amount of 8mm meat at 16mts & began the day at 14mts with 6mm meat on the hook over a few of the same, I switched between both these lines for the first 30mins but without any signs, I noticed some signs of fish off to my right around 20mts so decided to try the bomb & meat over the top. I managed one carp by the end of the first hour but things didn't seem right, I had a feeling the Carp didn't want to be near the deck so was soon off the box assembling a waggler, I started around 18inches deep with maggot on the hook & had a fish within seconds" I added three more by the time the two hour mark approached feeding Nothing" but it seemed the carp were starting to drift further over to peg 110 & the end bank, I decided to start firing a few maggots in with the catty in the hope or drawing a few fish back towards me, I also began to feed a few off to my left around 20mts in the hope of picking off the odd fish, I only added another carp around 8lb shallow in the next hour as things slowed for a while, I did give the bomb another 20mins & had one more but it seemed they still didn't want to be on the deck, back to fishing the waggler shallow without feeding saw me hook three more but I lost two in a snag just past my keepnets".

Going into the last 90 minutes signs of any fish shallow seemed to disappear, I had a quick chuck with the bomb but nothing so was soon on the long pole lines again with meat on the hook, I had been feeding the lines with the odd cubes of meat all day & just as I was about to call it a day at 14mts I had a carp around 6lb, I dropped in at 16mts soon after & had a beast around 15lb, for the last hour I switched between the shallow wag & the pole lines adding one fish on the wagg & a couple more decent fish on the pole.

Not having caught a silver fish all day I had a Perch around a 1lb which I sent back as I was using the net for the late carp" when the scales arrived 92lb odd was winning the match, I knew I had some decent fish but was surprised to end up with just over 100lb. Back at the results & it turned out I had enough to win the day & to be honest I felt brilliant" I thought I had  read the peg  right to add the odd fish when they mattered, I had a really enjoyable day swapping lines when I felt  things were changing, I ended up picking up £65 but more importantly putting myself in the All-Winners final next year,

An enjoyable Day & hoping I have a decent enough draw in the next round of the silvers league next Sunday as Thiers all to play for in the overall stakes.

Full Results

1st Dom Sullivan (Maver) peg 131 Cambell, 101lb 7oz.

2nd Matthew Grindle , (Maver/ Bait Tech) peg 114 Cambell, 92lb 7oz.

3rd Toby Burrell (Fosters Team Army) peg 129 Cambell, 63b 4oz.

Silvers -

1st Toby Burrel,l 21lb 11oz. 

 

              

No comments:

Post a Comment